Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with importing S&P400 list

Hello,

I have created a new instrument list for the S&P400. There appears to be a problem related to the exchanges where the constituents are traded.

On import of the list, I specified NYSE in the instrument manager and the list was successfully imported. However, non-NYSE symbols throw lots of error messages each time the data is updated in the Market Analyser. The error messages state that the relevant stocks aren't traded on NYSE. That's understandable, however, could you, please, let me know if there is an automatic way how NT can identify the exchange for individual stocks?

I can go and update the affiliation of every stock in the instrument manager, but this procedure is long and painful.

Any workaround would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,

Hello S60-R,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is no automated process for NinjaTrader to identify the correct exchange and assign it to the instrument as you have to do so manually.

If you have many instruments, I suggest creating a .txt file with instruments seperated into their respective exchanges and then uploading each list individually.
    More information on uploading a stock list can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the prompt reply RJ,

Is there a way to import a symbol or a list of symbols with the company name(s)?

It would be great if in future NT could read in more descriptive .txt or .csv files that could contain the symbol, the name, exchange and anything else. For example,
      MS, Morgan Stanley, NYSE;
      MSFT, Microsoft, NASDAQ;
      MSI, Motorola Solutions, NYSE;

This way the instrument list can be easily compiled outside of the NT in Excel or any text editor, and the information could be easily restored if the NT database file need to be updated or remade. Similarly,
      an option to export the instrument list from NT can help to save. back-up or transfer instrument lists from one computer onto another.

Would you consider it as an enhancement request for NT?

Many thanks,

Comment

Hello,

This is not currently possible, but I will forward the suggestion on to our development staff. Thanks for this input!
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses