Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders once you've shutdown Ninja

Hi there,

I use the Chrat Trader to enter my orders and use NinjaTrader Brokers (continuum). If my submitted orders are not yet filled and I shut Ninja Trader down:

Q1 do my orders still pend at my broker and will they be filled even though Ninja is off?

Q2 When I reopen Ninja will my orders in the control center be updated to reflect the fill?

Q3 Where in Ninja can I find the actual time the order was filled?

Q4 If I enter an order from the Chart Trader, using a custom ATM strategy to put a STOP LOSS and PROFIT TARGET in place - - is that entire Strategy "sent" to my broker so that if I just Ninja down and the trade triggers - - both the STOP and TARGET will also come in to play at the broker?

thanks in advance
    Michelle

Hello Michelle,

1. Yes, once orders receive an 'Accepted' or 'Working' status, they reside at the exchange or at the broker servers. If NinjaTrader is shut down or disconnected, the order still executes as per market dynamics. You can view the order status in the Control Center-->Orders-tab, State column. More information can be found at the link below.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

2. Yes, the orders will be updated once connected to NinjaTrader Continuum.

3. If the order was executed while NinjaTrader was shut down, you cannot see the actual time of execution. Please check your broker's statement for the actual time.

4. Unfortunately not, NinjaTrader needs to be running and connected when your entry order fills to submit the stop loss and profit target. If NinjaTrader is shut down or disconnected when the entry order fills, no ATM orders will be submitted.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Goodness... I'm quite surprised at your answer for (4). It would have been terrible if I had not asked this question.

Thanks Jason.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Regarding question 4, will that ever change so they can get filled??

Thanks,

Tony Madam

Comment

Hello Tony,

I am aware of any changes in this regard.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is concerning.

Did you meant to say that you are "not aware" of any changes?

This is kind of a scary scenario as it essentially means that positions are not protected if one loses there electricity, internet is down, or if there is a technical issue on Ninja
            s side. I have good internet, but I still here "connection lost" a couple times per week from the ninja platform itself (typically lasting just a few seconds, but it makes things scary if that happens at the wrong time). Is there any kind of workaround for this so that we know our stop losses are actually on the exchange(instead of just on our computer) in the event we are disconnected for any number of reasons.

Comment

Hello,
              Thanks for the inquiry.

Once orders are in a working or accepted state they reside at the exchange and will fill regardless if NT is connected or not. Any disconnection of NT will not affect orders which are already submitted to the exchange.

However, if you have an order pending with a conditional ATM strategy attached, if the initial order fills while NT is not connected it will not submit the ATM strategy. Also, any trailing stop or auto break-even strategies will not be able to update.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
              Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just to be perfectly clear:

Scenario 1:
                1. Enter order w/ ATM strategy
                2. Order is filled, ATM strategy w/ stop & profit is Accepted/Working
                3. Shutdown NT

Scenario 1 outcome is that position is closed

Scenario 2:
                1. Enter order w/ ATM strategy
                2. Shutdown NT
                3. Order is filled while user is offline. Since user is offline, ATM strategy is not submitted

Scenario 2 outcome is an open position, with no ATM stop or profit order

Is my understanding above correct?
                Last edited by jtrading82; 04-25-2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Both scenarios you listed would be correct. The only thing I would note is that if the ATM is working when NT is shutdown, I would be sure how your broker handles the OCO functionality. If the OCO functionality is server side on your broker's end, the OCO will be respected. If not, the OCO functionality would not be respected.

You can review this by brokerage via the link below:
                  Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Comment

Hello,

I have Ninjatrader as my broker with the connection coming from Continuum. I also have another broker that I use, but I would like to use Ninja exclusively - but this is something that continues to give me pause.

When I make any entry into the market, I always use an OCO bracket.

I have demoed these type of OCO entries with Ninjatrader and I find if my computer is put to sleep or I lose connection, the stops and limits are not hit until I take my computer off sleep or I regain connection.

What I want to know is how I can place OCO orders with Ninjatrader so that the stop and limits exist on the exchange and not just on my PC (if this is possible)?

I am looking for the greatest security possible when placing my OCO orders and I want to know I have a "secure" stop in place as soon as I place my order - irregardless of a lost connection.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Sean

Comment

Hello JayFranklin,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Simulation orders are held locally on your PC, so these will not fill if not connected.

Live orders with Continuum will be at the exchange, and their OCO functionality will remain even if disconnected.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view