Fibonacci Cluster NT8 v.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci Cluster NT8 v.15

Thanks for the converting this nice indicator into NT8.
    can you please explain to me what ist the difference between D(aily?) and L versions?

when i use both "FibonacciClusterV15L" and " FibonacciClusterV15D" at the same time in the same chart, it causes a total freezing after connect.
    any advice?

Hello mandepsi,

Thanks for your feedback!

The Fibonacci Cluster indicator is very resource intensive as it performs numerous calculations in OnBarUpdate() and uses 192 plots. It is mostly a direct port of the NinjaTrader 7 version except that it uses SharpDX rendering.

Additional SharpDX Brush management was added to make the script utilize resources more efficiently, however, there is still a large overhead.

I was not able to reproduce a freeze when adding both instances of the indicator to a chart and then connecting to my provider. Historical Data will be reloaded when connecting your provider and processing 2 instances of this indicator through the historical data could create a drop in performance.

Demo: https://www.screencast.com/t/x6L4cMgXIaKO

The chart should load after garbage collection occurs if you are running out of resources. You can observe this by testing with the Windows Task Manager open and watching the memory utilization used by NinjaTrader when you connect with the indicators added to your chart. If CPU utilization idles as well as memory utilization, and the chart does not update after some time, we are in-fact frozen.

Both indicators are identical in processing logic, and the only difference is the visual appearance of the plots and the plot names.

As the two indicators are nearly identical and resource intensive, I would not advise to add both instances of the indicator to the same chart.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 08-24-2017, 03:19 PM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
    3 responses