Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MACD with MA Cross Plots for NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACD with MA Cross Plots for NT8

Hey All,

I'm wondering if someone knows how to or has a MACD indicator with plots (arrows, crosses or dots) when the moving averages cross each other? See example.

So basically when the Fast average crosses above the Slow average, there's a up arrow or dot. And a down arrow or dot when the Fast average crosses below the Slow average.

I found the MACDCrossColor indicator here and really like that because of the color difference above/blow the zero line. So all I'm looking to add is the ma's cross plots. https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...pp=15&keyid=45
    Attached Files

Hello Demo9044,

Thank you for your note.

I put together an indicator which draws up and down arrows when the MACD fast line crosses the slow, etc.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Alan,

Thank you for the indicator! Would it be possible to plot the arrows in the MACD region/field being I had another moving average crossover indicator on my charts and I notice that I miss certain MACD crosses if both indicators hit at the same time?

Here's a screen shot of how it plots in TOS. I apologize for the confusion.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Demo9044; 10-08-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Hello Demo9044,

You could use the attached script and when you apply the indicator you will want to apply it to the same panel as the MACD indicator. See screen shot.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Attached Files
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awesome! Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

I have searched the internet high and low for a modification to the below indicator, one that has the option to only show buy arrows above the zero line and only sell arrows below the zero line, would it be possible for someone here to make this modification for me, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You !!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello forextrader2003, thanks for your post.

This script does not have much code in it, so I went ahead and added that condition. Replace your MACDArrows.cs file with the one attached. Place the file within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators.

Kind regards.
              Attached Files
              Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much ChrisL !!!

Comment

Hello Chris,

I am trying to install the indicator / script for the MACD Arrows and I am not sure how to do this. I tried to open the file and install it as you mentioned above and it did not work. Also would this work in the market analyzer?

Thanks,
                  Jim

Comment

Hello Jim, thanks for your post.

You must download the file then place the file within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators. This will not work in the market analyzer because it relies on the chart to draw objects onto the screen.

Best regards.
                    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,

I was looking for this indicator all day, but now that i found it, i don't understand why the arrows are not being placed in the correct position. What i was looking was that for every time there was an overcross on the MACD, there will be an arrow (up) or (down) on the chart. I'm getting the arrows but not when there is a crossover. Am i Missing something here? also, is there a way to put on the code the option to establish the fast, slow, and smooth on the parameters and not through the code?

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Comment

Hello flechas,

The indicator in this post has other conditions and is not just a cross above/below condition. If you wanted to have it only happen for crosses you would need to edit the code to remove the inner conditions checking if the macd Default is greater or less than 0.

To make the indicator have parameters which you can set in the user interface you would need to make user input properties. I would suggest looking at the SampleMACrossOver strategy and how it uses public properties near the bottom of the file to control the Fast/Slow period. It would be the same for your use case, you would add properties for what values you wanted to edit and then use those properties when calling the indicator in the code.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I'm looking for the MACD Signal Line and MACD Line to cross and plot an arrow, but that you can modify the MACD settings. please

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Skifree
                          by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes