SuperDom number in parenthesis by price is? and how get Volume on SuperDom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDom number in parenthesis by price is? and how get Volume on SuperDom

What is the number in parenthesis right next to current price on the SuperDom (right at the market, i.e. when a bid or ask is filled and highlighted in yellow)?

I had thought that it was the number of contracts last traded at that price, but my friend is trading on another company's trading platform the same product ES, and the amounts traded on his trading grid for the bid and ask are much larger than mine on NT. The market depth on both our trading grids are the same, but the "amount" traded each time there is a trade is greatly different, e.g. NT will show the traded quantity as 1, 5, 20, 1, 2, etc. traded whereas on his trading grid it will show the traded quantity as 35, 243, 175, 57, 312, etc... and that's a pretty big difference, and knowing the ES, it seems his quantities for last traded are much more accurate. How can I get my SuperDom to show the actual quantities traded each time the bid/ask is hit?

Second question is is there any way to get the volume traded at each price to show on the SuperDom? my friend's trading platform shows graphically and numerically just to the left of the trading grid, the Volume traded at each price level, and it's quite helpful to be able to view it like this on the trading grid. I realize you can see volume on the chart window, but is there any way to be able to view it on the SuperDom? If not, can you add it to the list of requests for the NT development team... Thanks..

Hello sev888,

The value between parenthesis indicates the last traded size. Can you please tell me to what connectivity provider you and your friend use in NinjaTrader.

Am I correct you compared the value in real-time on the same location. If not, please clarify how you compared values. There is no option in NinjaTrader that affects this value.

As per your second inquiry, unfortunately this is not supported. I will forward your suggestion to our Development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations of the software.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes we are watching the markets real time side by side, each of our connectivity providers is Pat Systems, I am trading through NT but his trading platform is CTS (Cunningham Trading Systems)

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure why there is difference regarding this value between the two applications. NinjaTrader acts like a radio receiver and displays the data that is provided.

Please note that this value can change real quick, especially during volatile periods.

I connected to Patsystems on my end and opened a SuperDOM and a Time and Sales window. The last traded size value matched when I watched it for a while.

Could it be the other application combines trades that occurred at the same price?

Comment

I could see that being the reason if the quantities were a little closer together, but there is such a huge difference in quantities, that it makes me think that the reason is that NT is only showing quantities traded through NT... you should ask your techy tech guys... Thanks for your time though.. peace..

Comment

One other thing on his trading grid for ES he can see the market depth 10 deep, whereas on the SuperDom I only have market depth of 5 deep.... Can you request your development guys to also enable NT to have a greater market depth to 10 deep? Thanks..

Comment

I checked with Development, however the 'last traded size' value does not reflect trades made through NinjaTrader only. There is no filtering in NinjaTrader as per the 'last traded size' value. NinjaTrader displays the data it receives from the connected connectivity provider.

Comment

In addition, I will forward your suggestion to support 10 levels of market depth as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post z.franck  
                Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes