Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot do simulations

Hello,

I made dozens of simulation with NT8 on eurusd with historical tick data stored on my pc. Today, i cannot still do that. I have an error log : "An order placed at '02/01/2017 00:02:00' has been ignored since the order was submitted before the strategy property BarsRequiredToTrade had been met." I have not changed any parameter on nt8. Charts are working perfectly.

I do not have any connection (no green light).

It's certainly something stupid but i cannot find what it is.

Thanks for anwer.
    Last edited by Alf63; 01-22-2018, 09:22 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

This error is simply a default property for all strategies called BarsRequiredToTrade which in this case, your logic is executing before this value is met.

The default is 20 bars, if your logic is executing before 20 bars you would get this message.

To avoid this if you wanted to place trades early in the bars of the chart, you can reduce this value in the scripts SetDefaults state:

Code:
    BarsRequiredToTrade = 0;
    You can also set this in the user interface when configuring the strategy.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. The BarsRequiredToTrade parameter has always been on 20 and it worked until today...

My 30-day trial of live forex was ending 3 days ago. Can it be the source of the problem even if i use data stored on my PC?
      Last edited by Alf63; 01-22-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Hello,

The error would still relate to this as you are hitting this somehow. The strategy is placing trades before the BarsRequiredToTrade so the warning is showing up. This should not prevent the strategy from placing trades going forward after the value of BarsRequiredToTrade though. It should just alert you that your logic became true during that time so the trades were ignored.

Has the chart changed at all? Have you changed the strategy to have more series? Have you added more data to the chart?

I really couldn't say what changed from what you have provided, but the BarsRequiredToTrade is what would cause this error. The solution would be to either limit your logic according to the BarsRequiredToTrade to prevent it from trading before this value or reduce its value so the orders can be placed. The property will prevent your script from trading during that period and would produce the message to let you know it had done so.

Comment

Thanks for the second reply. I've found the problem : i modified the point value of eurusd so i had curious results. I have another NT8 on a VPS with a FXCMdemo account. I copied the point value from there to NT8 on my PC and the strategy results are the same as they were until yesterday.

I still have the error message relative to BarsRequiredToTrade and, even if it does not
          prevent me from using NT8, i'll try to solve this problem.

Can you explain me what is point value with respect to tick value (at least for FXCM)?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

We have a simple description in the help guide as :
            PointValue Indicates the currency value of 1 full point of movement. For example, 1 point in the S&P 500 Emini futures contract (ES) is $50 USD which is equal to $12.50 USD per tick.

For a detailed explanation of point versus tick I could suggest using a public trading resource like investopedia as they have detailed descriptions of common trading topics like this.

There is an article at the following public page that describes the differences between these concepts and provides some example: https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...-and-ticks.asp

Comment

Hello,

That's perfectly clear. Thanks.

AF

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes