Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to download historical tick data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to download historical tick data.

Please see the attached screenshot. I've got to do some market replay and wanted to use historical tick data between 5/2/18 and 5/7/18. IQFeed is connected and working. Picked ^VIX and tick data, pressed download. NOTHING HAPPENS.

I'm also unable to pull market replay data for ^VIX and ^VXV but filed a separate ticket about that.

Not much luck here
    Attached Files

Hello molecool,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Per your request I have sent you the log and trace files via the NT8 help console. Please respond here once you have an idea what's causing this.

Comment

I'm continuing this thread here to expose the issue to others possibly affected.

Please see the enclosed screen grabs. I made sure that the data is not present historically.

The second screen grab shows what I am trying to load.

When I press the download button NOTHING happens. No update in the main console that data is being loaded, nothing.

I've got the very latest version of NT8 and have repaired the database. No fix.
        Attached Files

Comment

Could someone please attend to this ticket. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I have tested this on my end and was able to download Tick data for 6/21, 6/22 and 6/25 successfully for these instruments thru the Historical Data window.

I see within your trace you currently have version 8.0.14.1 installed. Please upgrade to version 8.0.14.2 with the steps provided below.
            • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
            • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
            • Enter your license key and press Submit
            • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
            • Select 'Download'
            • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
            Next confirm you have IQFeed Client Software version 5.1.1.3 installed. If you do not please install the supported version at the link below.

Next within your instrument settings for VXV and VIX confirm you have the Exchange set to "Cboe (Chicago Board Options Exchange)". If is not please disable any other exchange leaving only this one selected. If any changes are made be sure to remove the instrument(s) from you instrument list then add them back in.

Please let me know if you can then download data successfully.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually two days ago I installed the latest version but am still experiencing the same behavior. I think something's broken in my installation as it works fine on my production system, just not on this one.

Comment

If you open a Tick chart for these instruments do you receive data within the chart successfully?
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes