Collapse

Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT_Paul, thanks for how far you have supported this indicator.

The market analyzer imo should not return those many zeros with crossdetect because even in ranging markets 2 moving averages with different periods would braid around. I know you simply converted the indicator from NT7 to NT8 so we cant tell why its creator wanted it to return those many flat results.

It does a good job on the charts coloring regions between the moving averages no matter the look back period. I think cross detection look back period affects its results in a way (I dont understand code). This cross look back period has a ceiling of 100 which in my interpretation means I cant for example track a cross 101 bars or so away therefore returning zero (I might be wrong on this).

My request is if the fast ma is above the slow ma, let it return 1 even if the cross happened miles away and vice versa just like it would color the region
    Last edited by ramos04; 02-23-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Hello ramos04,

Thanks for your reply.

The number of zeros is a reflection of the decimal size of the instrument, no effort was put into reducing the zeros as the expectation is that you would use cell conditions to provide text based on the value and typically would not see the values. For example when 0 the text could say "no cross", with +1 the text could say "CrossAbove" and with -1 "CrossBelow". Aagain this would be up to use and could be other text as you wish, main point is that you now know the values used to produce the signals.

From your description, you are not looking for a cross condition so much as a crossed condition which is completely different and is not the intended purpose of the indicator. The indicator is to mark when/where the select moving averages have crossed.

The code is supplied as is and as the code is open you are welcome to make a copy and configure as you wish.

If you would like this coded for you, we can provide references to 3rd party vendors who can provide that service.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HMA color change when slope changes

Hello,

I was looking for a script for the above issue and downloaded DAichange HMA. However, when I tried to import this, I got a message that this script is not compatible to NT8.

Could you help me on this to get a script for HMA color change when slope changes.

Thanks,

Ravi

Comment

Hello 17311ravi,

Thanks for your post.

Was the indicator you reference from the Ninjatrader forums? If so, please post a link to it.

If the indicators purpose is to change color based on rising/falling conditions, you can use the same MACrossbuilder indicator that this thread has been discussing. The indicator provides for a selection of moving averages and HMA is certainly one selection. The indicator is to compare two moving averages but you can certainly turn off one of them by setting its color to transparent, with the other you can select the option "Color Rising/Falling" which when checked will then allow you to pick the colors for rising, falling or neutral conditions or use the supplied defaults of Green, Red, Gold.

Comment

Hello Paul.

Here is the link for the file. The error message says that this file is not compatible for NT8.

Comment

Hello 17311ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct, that indicator was created for NT7 and all NT7 scripts are not compatible with NT8. The script also dynamically adds a secondary dataseries which is not supported in NT8 and cannot be converted to NT8 as is.

For a color changing HMA, I recommend using the NT8 indicator MACrossbuilder as linked in this thread. I've attached an example where a 30 period HMA is selected to show rising and falling colors and the second MA has been set transparent so it does not display.
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post LawrenHom  
              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
              4 responses