Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enter via ChartTrader, Exit on C crossing an indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter via ChartTrader, Exit on C crossing an indicator?

Greetings,

Can I enter a position, say LONG using Chart Trader, then upon order filling, have position exit at target, or crossing below an indicator value. (like using the trailing stop, but with an indicator value)

I want to enter with discretion but manage exit, so a strategy, which can accomplish the exit, but not a discretionary entry doesn't help.

If so, How?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for the inquiry.

To clarify, are you looking to place a stop order to an indicator? If so, which indicator?
    Also, are you using NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8?

I look forward to your response.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You. Not a stop placed in the market, but an exit order sent in real time if the chart timeframe end of bar close, is lower the the StdError line. (for a long) NT8 An exit like that activated upon ChartTrader entry...
      Last edited by RedRock; 06-20-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Hello RedRock,

To confirm, you would like an exit order automatically submitted at the time of the bar close, if the close price is less than the StdErr indicator, is this correct?

You would need to custom program this in c# in a fully automated NinjaScript Strategy.

You can have the entry be placed from the strategy by adding a button.
        Below is a public link to an example.

Below is a public link to a post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

If using an ATM strategy, this will automatically place a stop and target order for the open position at predefined values.
          If you then want to attach the stop/exit order to an indicator, you can do so my right clicking the order tab on the chart and select attach to indicator.

If you are looking to submit an exit order based off certain conditions after already establishing the position, you would likely need to custom program this with NinjaScript.

Could you break down exactly what you are trying to do with a specific example so I can best assist you?

Thanks in advance-
          Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea and Ryan,appreciate the info. I wasn't aware I could add a button to a custom strategy. Sounds like this would be the way to go... The attach order to indicator is interesting, though due to the logic of a close through the value being required, wont really work. Neat though! Ill think on this and be back in touch... TY

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post TraderBCL  
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post martin70