NT8 issues with unsupported graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that sounds fair ....
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-22-2018, 08:05 AM.

Comment

After reviewing pfsmedical's files, I was able to determine that his PC's graphics card did not support at least DirectX10. This is a minimum requirement to run NinjaTrader without issue. Please see the installation guide for more details on these requirements:

I hope this provides a good example for everyone of why it is critical that we take complex issues to email. Without the files and information we gathered via email, the root issue would've been very difficult to diagnose.

Also, this root cause/solution is specific to pfsmedical. For others in this thread or reading this thread, your root cause/solution may be different. Please shoot us an email so we can work with you individually whenever errors without an obvious root cause occur.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

The Ninjatrader email support is great. You guys do spend a lot of time and effort to try to resove our issues. Thanks for all your help.

I have a question; I have been trading Forex using NT8 for about a year now, and only recall it freezing and crashing on me one time.

But in that same year, while trading the futures markets using NT8, I have had countless freezes, and crashes and with older versions of NT8, I even had a few nightmares where after restarting NT8, I would see that I was still in the position, but my ATM Strategy stop-loss was gone.

So my question is, because of my experiences above, I would think that the problem has something to do with the data coming in, when using futures; which is why I have no such problems when using NT8 to trade Forex; what is your feedback on that assumption?

Comment

I do not have any data on asset class-specific issues.

My educated guess based on what you've just said is that perhaps futures data is simply more volatile which would make the symptoms you're experiencing happen more frequently. Beyond that, we would again need to look into your specific files and circumstances to learn more.

The simple fact is that not all users experience the symptoms you describe even though at a surface level they may have the same conditions (for example, NT8, trading futures, NinjaTrader Continuum connection, etc.), So, we need to learn as much as possible about what you're experiencing to isolate, diagnose, and resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Anytime you run into any issues while live trading, please immediately contact your broker's Orders Desk. I can state for a fact that NinjaTrader Brokerage has a 24-hour phone number where you may call. I suspect other brokers have the same. Once you've ensured that your account is in a safe state, you can contact us to troubleshoot what you experienced.

Do you recall any of the ticket numbers where you've reported this behavior to us? This will help me learn more about what you're reporting.

If you haven't reached out via email, please write in a new email so we may assist you.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the info.

Okay, NT8 seems to have less freezing and crashing issues for me, since the last couple of new releases.

I will keep an eye on how the platform performs and email support if the issue repeats itself.

As for the brokerage 24-hour phone number, nowadays, in one minute a 1 minute price bar can move a considerable distance. And if I were to have a multi-contract position on, by the time the 24-hour desk, picked up the phone and verified my account, my losses could be quite large.

I believe in problem prevention and to rely on the 24-hour desk only for emergencies, if possible, such as if there was an economic disaster and all the markets were frozen.

I do not want the 24-hour desk to be my go-to guy that I speak to each week.

But again, NT8 seems to be getting more stable with each release, and you folks do a great job in finding and fixing issues that us traders have.

Thanks again for all your help,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes