• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Une oeuvre formidable!

Merci beaucoup!
    Markus

Comment

hello

this is my 1st post here and i am wondering if there is a manual for this indi on how to get it to operate.
      have all black windows at the moment ...?
      Do we set it up on tick charts ..? and so on.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Comment

Delta Volume Profile?

Hi all,
        Hi Gomi, thanks for the continued progress of your indis.
        I have though that may can be useful a Delta Volume Profile, plotted like Volume Profile, what do u think about? It can be done?

Thanks.

Lubo.

Comment

Hi

Gomi,

Thank you for all your hard work and especially for providing these indicators to us...I am a experienced programmer but just learning csharpe. I have been making a few very minor changes to one of the indicators that plots volume delta for a given bar along the bottom of the chart

see the PNG below.... I have added color to the grid that plots the delta across the bottom of the chart. I now wish to change the color of the bar if price closes on the low but the delta closes on the high. etc
          this would be a divergence and indicate a possbile reversal.

To do this i need the close and the open for the current bar and the code is as follows:

double PriceOpenCloseDelta = (double) (Close[1]-Open[1]);

If i place this line of code in the GomOnBarUpdate() section it compiles successfully and i am able to see the change in price in the output window.
          (This is line 1127 in the GomOnBarUpdate() section )

however if i place it in the called class
          (line 417 in the called class)
          it will not compile and i get the following error:

"Cannot access a nonstatic member of outer type 'Ninja.Indicator.IndicatorBase' via nested type 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.GomVolumeLadder.BALadderCla ss"

I have looked up this error and it seems that it refers to something along the lines that these variables are not available in that SEALED CLASS.

I am somewhat novice when it comes to csharpe at the moment.
          I know that the code to compute teh delta of price works as I have added it to another script and i and able to view the output in the output window.

I would either need to pass the variables to the class or possibly make them available globally. either way i am not certain how to do it.
          Could someone kindly provide me some direction or an example so i can work through this... Thank you kindly in advance

This is the section that makes the call to the sealed class...

double PriceOpenCloseDelta = (double) (Close[1]-Open[1]);
          if (helper.showBALadder)
          {
          baLadders.Add(CurrentBar,new BALadderClass(CurrentBar,helper));
          curBALadder=baLadders[CurrentBar];
          }

attached are screenshots and the original and modified code.
          Thank you
          Sammy
          Last edited by SammyC; 04-10-2010, 03:37 AM. Reason: asked to remove indicators

Comment

You can't access Close[0] from the ladder class because they are different classes with no inheritance. That's why there is the ugly helper class, to manage all information sharing between the Indicator class and the Ladder classes.

What you could do more easily is create a GomCD instantiating indicator, and use the exposed dataseries DeltaClose DeltaHigh DeltaLow DeltaOpen.

Here's an example (NT 6.5)
            Attached Files

Comment

ticks backfill

Hi Gomi,

I would to know if is possible to backfill with up down ticks where there's no bid/ask data. If I set delta Bid/Ask backup mode UseUpDownTick it does not backfill, maybe cos we must have the tick history in the same recorded file?
              Why is not possible to use the NT ticks history like u do for build the GomDelta Chart?

Thanks.

Lubo.

Comment

That can't work because you have access to tick data when building the bars, but you don't have it any more in the OnBarUpdate on historical data (it's called only once per bar). Sorry !

Comment

Simple Clea Instructions (GOmConverter) for an IT illiterate user

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
                  GomFileConvert

Purpose of this stand alone app is to convert data to GomRecorder format.
                  It requires the 3.5 Framwork because it uses some Time Zone conversion classes.

Possible uses include:

• Converting Binary data to Flat for editing purposes
                  • Converting Flat to Binary for size purposes
                  • Converting NT, IRT and QCollector files to GomRecorder format for backfill purposes.

Input File Format :

Flat, Short, Binary :

Those are GomRecorder Files

Ninja :

Allows converting Ninja export format to GomRecorder format. Bid/Ask won't be available, obviously, but you can use UpTick option in GomCD as a fallback

IRT :

Investor R/T format

Collector :

Qcollector format. I use this weekly to get a clean file using Qcollector.

Then I add it to the previous week file using binary add in Windows :
                  copy /bin file1.dat+file2.dat file3.dat

Format is DateTime;Price;Volume;Bid;Ask and looks like this :
                  30/11/2009 22:30:26;1093;3;;
                  30/11/2009 22:30:26;;;0;1093
                  30/11/2009 22:30:27;;;1092,75;0

Input File Culture, InputFile TZ :

Use this if you're converting data that comes from a computer in another country

Compress tick :

Activates tick compression. Don't use if you're planning to do volume size filtering, as some ticks will be aggregated.

Tick size:

Needed for short and binary format as prices aren't recorded as floats but as a number of ticks.
                  Hi,
                  GOMI could you please provide very simple step by step instructions on how to create an historic file from E-Signal using the Q-Collector. I had various problems with I-NEt last week and have large holes in my GOM files. I have E-signal, do not have Q Collector yet but will purchase if i can make sense of how to use the applications in conjunction with the GOMFileConverter.

I also do not know how to get the files out of my documents folder into a "GOM" folder. I have Windows 7 and am not clear from the earlier posts how to do this. It seemed plain enough to others but I could not find the properties to activate (if that's the correct term - doubt it but you get my drift) the folder.

Thank you again for this brilliant work.

Cheers,

Forgive me for such basic questions but simply I'm dangerous when it comes to playing around with cetain aspects of muy computer

Comment

Hi,

you can check http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...&postcount=306

I certify you can maintain gom files using esignal and qcollector as I do it every week.

A good idea also to get a good large file editor to cut in QCollector files. I use EmEditor.

Concerning the files, you have to set a GOMFOLDER environment variable that contains the path where you want the files to be copied to. You can check post 668 on thread http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4231

Originally posted by Bondi9999 View Post
                    Hi,
                    GOMI could you please provide very simple step by step instructions on how to create an historic file from E-Signal using the Q-Collector. I had various problems with I-NEt last week and have large holes in my GOM files. I have E-signal, do not have Q Collector yet but will purchase if i can make sense of how to use the applications in conjunction with the GOMFileConverter.

I also do not know how to get the files out of my documents folder into a "GOM" folder. I have Windows 7 and am not clear from the earlier posts how to do this. It seemed plain enough to others but I could not find the properties to activate (if that's the correct term - doubt it but you get my drift) the folder.

Cheers,

Forgive me for such basic questions but simply I'm dangerous when it comes to playing around with cetain aspects of muy computer

Comment

GOM

If you already have not done it, it would be great to go from a single file structure to a directory structure. Essentially have a folder for each instrument and store data in a separate file on a day by day basis.

Right now it is very hard to fix gaps in the binary file if the data gets lost or NT crashes etc.

If GOM could organize data on a daily file basis, then you can just update the file for the date which is incomplete and get on with it.

The QCollector interface also will work great since you can download data every night and then convert it into the GOM format with a clean reliable and complete feed for the day.

Comment

This is really amazing stuff.
                        One thing I don't get here, where are the ticks recorded, I can see the file created in My documents but it is 0 length and it is binary type. I thought I would see a flat file with the ticks and date recorded, am I missing something?
                        Thank you for sharing.
                        Last edited by atila; 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondi9999 View Post
                          Hi,

Cheers,

Thanks GOMI

Comment

I just downloaded v1.3b. The GomCD indicator says "Recording OFF" in the lower left corner. Is this correct? I was under the impression it should say "Recording OK" . . . Am I missing something?

Also, is there a way for the indicator to get historical CD data or do I have to go through the replay to load historical data?
                            Last edited by Insearch; 05-11-2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Insearch View Post
                              I just downloaded v1.3b. The GomCD indicator says "Recording OFF" in the lower left corner. Is this correct? I was under the impression it should say "Recording OK" . . . Am I missing something?

Also, is there a way for the indicator to get historical CD data or do I have to go through the replay to load historical data?

You want recording on, it is set to default off. I don't know that you can run any historical data replay unless the gomi set was running at time and set to write data.

Comment

Originally posted by dandxg View Post
                                You want recording on, it is set to default off. I don't know that you can run any historical data replay unless the gomi set was running at time and set to write data.
                                Thanks, so how do I turn it ON?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                168 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sidlercom80  
                                Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes