Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reversing Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversing Trades

In Strategy Builder does a position close out automatically when an opposite signal is generated? Like in a MA crossover system do we need to specify the long and short entry only or also add conditions to close long before going short and vice versa. Nothing extra as far as exit goes, just needs to be an opposing direction signal.
    Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

In the builder, when you are using specifically Entry methods these will reverse the position if you are currently in the opposite position. For example, Enter Long would close a short position, and enter into a long position. If you are Flat, it would simply enter into a long position.

When you use Exit orders, that would not reverse and simply exit the position to become flat.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So if I only use Entry orders then it reverses on opposite signal. Now say I am in a long with a target of say 10 ticks and a reverse signal comes along. Then it will revert to the target/loss first and only reverse if flat?
      Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

In the order handling rules, there is a note about this situation. If a position is open and an order submitted by a set method (SetStopLoss() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction it would be ignored. So in case you target was submitted using the Set methods, the reverse condition should be ignored. If there was no stop active it should reverse.

You can read the few rules that apply when using the managed approach here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...antedPositions

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Mizzouman1  
        Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes