No Live Data after Inactivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Live Data after Inactivity

Haven't used Ninja for about a year and I no longer seem to have a live data feed from Continuum or Kinetick. I'm still getting billed by Kinetick and my trading account is still funded. How can I get my live data back?

Hello WollenGeld,

Thank you for your post.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Kinetick.

Additionally, the following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to NinjaTrader Continuum.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

My connection Links to Continuum and Kinetick are still active in the Control Center and I can connect without a problem. My Kinetick credentials are being accepted. But the data isn't coming in. Do I have to resubmit or reapply for the live data?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello WollenGeld,

Thanks for your reply. Please first make sure you're viewing the current contracts of your futures instruments.

Please follow these steps to roll over the expiration date of a Futures contract:

Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management window.
        Left-click the ‘Rollover’ button that appears just below the table under the ‘Rollover futures instruments’ section.
        Close this window when this process completes.

If you're still having issues with data after rolling over your instruments, please next try resetting your instruments.
        To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
        Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
        In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
        Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

After resetting your instruments, please let me know if you're still experiencing issues. Please also provide the build of NinjaTrader 8 you're running. This can be found under Help>About from the Control Center. The current release of NinjaTrader 8 is 8.0.11.1.

Comment

It seems that the order in which I made my data connections was the key. If I connected to Continuum first, then no data comes. If I connect to Kinetick Live first, then the Data does come in. Very strange. I think the problem is resolved. Thanks.

Comment

I'm having the same problem WollenGeld in both NT7 & NT8. Have a funded account with Ninjatrader that I haven't used since Aug 2016, getting charged $21 CONTINUUM EXCH MKT DATA FEES each month but not getting any live data showing on charts or any contract information showing in the DOM.

I've done everything suggested by NinjaTrader_Micah and there was no problem with my live data previously, the only thing I've done is updated to the latest NT versions and updated the contracts to the current contracts but it's just sitting there static.

Any ideas NT team?

Comment

If you have a second data provider like me, then connect to that provider 1st. Then, connect to Continuum. That's how I fixed my problem. If Continuum is your only source of data, then you should contact NT support.

Comment

Hello jtaylorcraig,

Thank you for your post. If you are still unable to receive your live data through NinjaTrader Continuum, for the instruments you're subscribed to, please send a message to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot]com and please reference this forum post.

Please also reference ticket # 1828388

Additionally, Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks guys, unfortunately only use the one data provider so will have to try and work out what's going on. I've sent through my zipped log & trace folders as requested so we'll see how we go.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jeronymite  
                  Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post frankthearm