ICE Symbol Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICE Symbol Names

The ICE Low Sulphur Gasoil Futures Contract is designed to provide users with an effective hedging instrument and trading opportunities. The underlying physical market for Low Sulphur Gasoil is diesel barges delivered in the ARA (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerp including Flushing and Ghent) region. It is used as the pricing reference for all distillate trading in Europe and beyond.

The MSCI Emerging Markets Index Futures are cash settled upon expiration. The underlying index is the MSCI Emerging Markets Price Return Index denominated in USD. https://www.msci.com/documents/10199/c0db0a48-01f2-4ba9-ad01-226fd5678111

I'd like to check I am using the correct names for "MASTER INSTRUMENTS" in the Instrument Manager for these two markets. Can anyone in NT tell me master instrument names that are used in NinjaTrader 7 for these two markets? Is the first one "G" or "GAS"? Is the second one "MME"?

simtrader1,

Thanks for posting.

The "G" and "MME" Futures would already be native instruments in the platform, so there would not be any need to create custom instruments.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Support just told me on email that "the clearing firm does not support MSCI Emerging Markets Index" which I believe is MME. I don't think this is correct. Is it?

Comment

simtrader1,

It looks like the MME in NinjaTrader is the Mini-MSCI and has the following URL listed:

The MSCI Emerging Markets Index Futures are cash settled upon expiration. The underlying index is the MSCI Emerging Markets Price Return Index denominated in USD. https://www.msci.com/documents/10199/c0db0a48-01f2-4ba9-ad01-226fd5678111

Comment

If you click on the link to ICE's site it doesn't say Mini, it just says MSCI Emerging Markets Index. I'm confused. Does Ninja support it?

Comment

sintrader1,

I noticed that as well, but the URL does mention "Mini" and the contract size values are different from the original link. This would be a supported instrument by the platform, as it is native to the platform. You can use and trade this instrument provided it is supported by your data provider/broker.

I have provided a link below to the NinjaTrader 7 Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by funk10101, Yesterday, 09:43 PM
            1 response
            0 likes