Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of day streaming issue

Hello-

About 30 min. before the close, NT 8.0.11.1 starts to behave very differently than the beginning of the day. CPU goes up to 40 to 50%, platform essentially becomes unresponsive: crosshairs jump around the chart and freeze on the chart.

I like to screenshot my charts at the end of the day but it's impossible when this happens--the past three days. The only solution is to close NT8 via task manager and restart. Then it works fine. But since I was unable to screengrab I lose my ability to analyze my level 2 chart data from the previous 6 hours.

I believe I'm not alone in this. Can someone please educate me on what is causing this or what has caused this in the past? And what, if anything, I can do to stop it. I'm fairly certain log/trace will not show anything.

W10 64 bit, 10gb RAM, AMD X4 945 chip 3 ghz
    CQG, Amp

Thanks in advance.

Hello-

I'm going to try this again in hopes someone will offer an explanation because I have no other options at this point.

Everything works fine at the beginning of the session.

I was away from computer for 2 hours. It does not go to sleep, it just runs NT only. Came back 30 min. before close, 2:30, and found:

Data feed was running.
    CPU: NT was at 45%, normally 10%
    RAM: NT was at 1400mb, starts the day at 400mb.
    Cursor very glitchy, most charts very sluggish to respond.
    Time of day on charts said 1:40, it was actually 2:40. Price was moving around. I see no evidence data feed
    was interrupted.
    Could not click on some charts, they were unresponsive. But the price was still moving.
    DOM was frozen, no price movement at all, could not click on DOM, totally unresponsive.
    Clicked on control center to close workspace, everything froze. Had to close platform using task manager.

I have to ask again: does ANYONE have an explanation for this behavior? Someone must have a working theory. Please.

W10 64 bit, 10gb RAM, AMD X4 945 chip, 3 ghz
    CQG, Amp
    NT 8.0.11.1

Thank you.

Comment

imalil,

Thanks for posting.

Our apologies, as I received notification of your first post but apparently had some "wires crossed" and didn't get out a reply to the first post. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20180124.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
      1 response
      0 likes