Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Conversion trade report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversion trade report

Hi guys, thanks for the great support on this forum! You're doing an amazing job.

When running a standard backtest on the EUR/GBP i see that the profits in the trade report are expressed in dollars. So a conversion between the currencies must has taken place behind the screens. I'm wondering if I could use this conversion in my strategy code? For example I would like to know if the entry price is X GBP what the equivalent USD value would be.

Kind regards
    David

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I am unaware of any specific conversion method where you could pass in a value and retrieve a converted value. This is likely something you would need to make your own method for.

The AccountItems specifically have a method which can return values depending on the Currency supplied to the method, but this would not allow for random conversions like an entry price.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse, thanks for the feedback. Does this mean I have to rely on a third party API or something which could provide me the conversion rates or is there something inside Ninjatrader that I could use?

Comment

Hello,

Generally, you would add an additional series for the prices you need. You could then pull prices from the second series when conversions are needed at the current price of that instrument.

Using the price from the two instruments you could calculate the conversion rate or do other math as needed to figure out prices or quantities.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        168 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes