Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer

Hi,

I have a couple of work spaces I usually have open.

I have 1 work space for my trading strategies, then a couple to capture data for instruments I don't trade, but might in future, so want to collect back test data.

A couple of questions on the market analyzer:

1) I have several charts open in a work space just collecting data. When the market analyzer is open, is it also capturing data for historical data collection? I have save chart data selected but can I also do this with market analyzer.

2) I have a couple of different market analyzers saved. When I try and open them, so create a new work space, add a new blank market analyser to that work space, then select load template from market analyzer, I find it doesn't add instruments and columns to the market analyzer, How do I fix that? If I save a market analyzer to a work sapce, then open and close that work space, the market analyzer does populate, but that means I need 1 work space per market analyzer.

Thanks for your time and feedback!

Hello _Cujo

Yes, active instruments receiving data in the Market Analyzer are recorded for historical and market replay if recording of those data type are enabled.

Unfortunately, instruments are not saved with Market Analyzer templates in NinjaTrader 7. This was, however, a new feature that was added to NinjaTrader 8.

Below is a publicly available link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide on this option.

It is possible to add an instrument list to the market analyzer. I would recommend doing this to quickly load instruments.

Columns, however, are saved with a template in NinjaTrader 7.
    Below is a link to a quick video I've saved that demonstrates.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for the feedback and very clear advice.

A follow up question, for market analyzer to save historical data (if enabled, which it is, since I am saving data from charts now), do I need to have an indicator, or will it also save if I just have last, bid, ask, description, instead of (for example) an SMA or whatever other indicator?

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. An indicator is not needed to enable the recording.

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great, thanks for your answers, very clear!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post funk10101  
          Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite