changing an order type mid trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing an order type mid trade?

I don't know if this is even possible, but it would be NEAT if it were....

Ok I'm running a normal ATM type trade set up with a trailing stop and limit order profit target. everything is pretty hunky dory so far, i can attach my trailing stop to indicators and change the offset of that if I want likewise with setting and resetting the position of the profit target side..... but I have a couple questions

How do I go back in to the trailing stop which I've attached to an indicator to adjust the offset to be tighter or looser once I've already set it? I've tried re opening it and it gives me the "this order is being managed etc are you sure to want to mess with this" arched hairy eyebrow, error. basically once setting the trailing stop and getting a bunch of ticks I'd kind of like to be able to monitor it according to other market forces such as ATR or total ticks gained so I can adjust the size of the offset by more or less ticks as the trade is active.

The other question I have: Is it possible to change a regular limit order profit target (default I think) to a market if touched profit target? or even a chase if near order? I've had a few trades where a super long wick reaches WAAAAAAAAAY up to just barely touch (or miss) a profit target never to return quite as high. And I'd like to catch those a teensy bit more automatically if possible.
    Thanks In advance .... Because I know you guys are absolute ROCKSTARS!!!!

Hello Daryl Haaland,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. MIT orders can be used in place of the ATM target. At the bottom of the ATM Strategy Paramaters window, there will be a More option > select the box for "MIT for profit."

There is unfortunately not a method to edit the attached to settings without disabling at this time. See the below section of our help guide for more if needed.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...icatorTracking

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 04-18-2018, 06:15 AM.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent!! thank you so much for pointing that out for profit target market if touched, is that editable mid trade, or is it something you have to do while not currently active?

Too bad you can't edit the stop offset distance of a trailing stop attached to an indicator. That may be something to look at as a potential add on feature at some point in the future. In the meantime I'll be scheming about how to do exactly that in C# script with the strat builder and Script editor

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello Daryl Haaland,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. MIT orders can be used in place of the ATM target. At the bottom of the ATM Strategy Paramaters window, there will be a More option > select the box for "MIT for profit."

There is unfortunately not a method to edit the attached to settings without disabling at this time. See the below section of our help guide for more if needed.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101  
      Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
      11 responses
      0 likes