Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

bug 27.03.2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug 27.03.2018

i.e. I am in an IDE and typic:

namespace xyz{

public class abc: abcde {

}

}

but after I type abc (in red), the IDE freezes and platform finally needs to be shut-down restarted.

I think it creates some kind of recursion loop, freezing platform. maybe this is logically expected behavior, but it's obvious issue for us.

Hello TazoTodua,

Thanks for opening the thread.

I have attempted this with Visual Studio and I am unable to hit the same issue.

Could you provide answers to the following questions so we can look into this further?

What IDE are you using to hit this error? Can you hit this issue using Visual Studio?

Are there any other steps that need to be taken to set up this test other than creating a namespace, and creating a class that inherits from another class with a similar name?

I look forward to your reply.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I meant default NinjaScript editor. this happens there. ( also, I've noted such recursion hangouts for other similar cases too).

Comment

Hello TazoTodua,

I have not been able to encounter this issue with the NinjaScript Editor.

Could you make sure your installation is up to date, and can you confirm that you are encountering this issue with a clean environment?

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        3. Once installed, please perform the same steps to encounter the issue.

If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

If you are still able to encounter the issue with a clean environment ensuring we are on the most recent version of the platform, could you clarify on any minor details that are needed to reproduce the issue? Sometimes making a short demonstration video can be helpful to cover minor details that might be over looked. I use Jing to make short demonstration videos.

I'll be happy to look into this further with you.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Perr0Grande  
        Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes