Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

strategy indicators (and obviously whole strat) not in sync with data on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy indicators (and obviously whole strat) not in sync with data on chart

Hello all,

I've been having an intermittent problem where after enabling a strategy on a chart, it is obvious that it is not working correctly. Not only are the historical and live actions wrong, but the indicators on the chart are clearly out of sync. Like MAX or MIN are off by several bars. Disabling and re-enabling the strat can eventually fix it, but it still gets out of whack after a while.

It seems like this is related to having corrupted data, as when this occurs, backtesting on the same tick data shows incorrect results. Then after deleting and redownloading the data, things seem to work. But eventually I end up here again. Are there some actions that corrupt data regularly like this???

Hello RobotSyndicate,

Thanks for opening the thread.

So we can begin troubleshooting, could you provide answers to the following questions?

Do you see this same behavior with the SampleMACrossover strategy and the same settings?

If the SampleMACrossover strategy exhibits the same behavior, do you see the same behavior when testing SampleMACrossover in Safe Mode? NinjaTrader 8 can be started in Safe Mode by closing NinjaTrader and double clicking on the NinjaTrader 8 icon with the Ctrl key held down. Safe Mode will prevent workspaces and third party AddOns from being loaded with the platform.

I look forward to your reply.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

simular

I to having very simular on my strategy running live. it also marks the trade 2 or 3 bars back on chart. 2 times it even shot off 5 live orders on its own. this auto trader on ninjatrader 8 has a few bugs that need fixing quick. thanks

Comment

Hello woodie1,

Thanks for your feedback.

There are some items we should look into first so we can narrow down the issue.
        • PC clock is synchronized
        • Issue is reproducible in a blank/simple workspace. (We cannot guarantee performance impact of all 3rd party AddOn's and should rule these out where possible.)
        • Issue is seen in SampleMACrossover (This will give us an even playing field to test with and can tell us if there is another issue with the platform that can be troubleshooted)

Testing with the SampleMACrossover in Safe Mode and in normal operation mode can help narrow this down.

Would you be able to write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com verifying the information above? If you can also provide a simple/reduced strategy that can easily exhibit this behavior with some steps we can take to reproduce on our end, we could use that to move forward with a report to the development team. Please be sure to include the text "Attention Jim" and a link to the thread URL in your message.

I'll be more than happy to look into this matter further with you.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Gerik
        by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        2 responses