Multi-Broker Shortcoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Broker Shortcoming

Is there any plan to address the serious shortcoming in the Multi-Broker software...ie the inability to place and manage simultaneous trades on two or more accounts at once with different position sizes?

From an application development perspective, this is an absolutely trivial feature. All it would take is a simple serializable settings class object, and small settings UI screen...and a rerouting of trade signals through a basic "multiplexing" routine based on said settings object.

Not having this feature is a serious shortcoming for a $1,500 software package. Why would you configure a "multiple broker" version that can not actually manage multiple instances of the same order strategy at the same time? Multiple broker as long as it is not at the same time. This is sort of like advertising that you are "Open 24 Hours!"....("but not in row")

I can think of a lot more valid situations where this feature would be desired...vs placing trade 1 with 1 broker...and trade 2 with another. Examples are prop / pro traders / CTA types that are trading for clients with discretionary trading authorization / power of attorney. Another case might be someone who has money in a sheltered IRA or trust account...and capital in a normal unsheltered account, and wants to execute the same trade at the same time.

Thanks for the feedback shooter7 and welcome to our forums - I'm not sure exactly what limitation you would be referring to here - are you working with the account groups feature here?

Could you please further clarify?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Account groups require you to have the same position size for every account in the group...which makes it worthless. What are the odds every account you have will be the same size....? The only way I can see to make NT work for true multi account management, where you want to execute the same trade in multiple accounts...is to write my own trade execution interface using ATI...and execute a bunch of commands in sequence....
      Last edited by Shooter7; 02-22-2012, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, we have traders still appreciating the account group feature but I know your thoughts about enhanced allocation options have been already added as feedback for future consideration.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I agree, it seems as if the group setup is a half done product addition, especially when you can not adjust orders as a group, you need to do it individually, which makes the whole group thing nearly worthless. The ability to use allocation correctly is a feature NinjaTrader should get done ASAP. I love Ninja but as I am starting a new CTA business I have no option but to go elsewhere as I cannot trade a group of accounts with ninjatrader unless I have each account running all of our strategies which would mean we have over 200 to 400 strategies running at a time which would be a mess.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post geddyisodin  
          Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post hazylizard