Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay incomplete data download

Hello,

For the past two nights,I have been unable to download the complete data for the current day. Only a few minutes are downloaded. Tonight it appears to be 4 min and 41 seconds worth of data regardless of instrument or computer that I use.

I will be able to download today's data tomorrow but I need it now. Why are downloads suddenly failing and what needs to be done to fix it?

--Ryan
    Attached Files

Hello ryanswood,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.0)

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen when attempted to download? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

We look forward to assisting further;.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version: 8.0.12.0 64-bit

Instruments affected:
      ES 03-18
      RTY 03-18
      6E 03-18
      6B 03-18

As of this morning, I am able to download the current day's data though I was attempting to download data around 11PM EST so this morning's success does not resolve the issue.

Also, I am able to download yesterday's data as of this morning as I predicted it would work.

There were no errors on the Historical Data screen or the log files

Comment

I have tested this on my end and was able to download data up to the Minute using todays date.

After you download the replay data can you restart NinjaTrader and let me know if all the data is shown as expected.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The current day's download still won't download beyond a few minutes.

Things I have tried:
          - Restart Ninja
          - Restart my machine
          - Delete all data using the Historical Data for a given instrument
          - Repair Ninja using installer
          - Remove Ninja and then reinstall.
          - Remove Ninja and rename 'Documents/Ninjatrader 8' dir. Reinstall

Nothing is making a difference. Could a file or state be corrupted? What could cause the download to be stopped short? Something on my machine or on my connection to the server? Why the current day only being of an issue?

This issue only started this week.I have not changed my system. I will post here tomorrow if I am able to download 2/23's data which is currently not working.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ryanswood; 02-23-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Surprisingly as of today (Saturday 1/24), I am not able to download Friday's data. Makes me wonder if the pattern is that I am only able to download the prior's day data if the current day is a trading day. That is the only difference between the other 2 times I have been able to download data and then today when I can't.

Edit:

Other things I have tried:
            - Installing NT8 on 2nd computer.
            - Using alternate internet connection
            - Using a different License Key.
            - Downloading replay data on NT7 (which worked)

This makes me think there is something beyond my installation, device and internet connection. Is it possible that we are connecting to different servers?
            Last edited by ryanswood; 02-24-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

My ES 03-18 download attempt

2/24 at 16:35 EST

@SIM license, which shouldn't matter.

So it looks like I only get 5 minutes of Friday 2/23.

edit: when did you install 8.0.12.0 ? last week when the problem started?
              edit2: scratch that idea, 8.0.0.9 also only download the 5 minutes.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sledge; 02-24-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Thank you @ryanswood and @sledge for posting on this. I am also unable to download Friday's (02/23) replay data as of Sunday (02/25) 11:24 CST.

Version 8.0.12.0 (Standard)
                ES 03-18

02/23/2018 isn't showing at all in Historical Data > Market Replay > ES 03-18

However, in Windows Explorer (NinjaTrader 8 > db > replay > ES 03-18) the .nrd file is present, however it has a minimal size (28 KB) compared to the full .nrd files.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have tested this on my end and was able to download all available replay data for 2/23 successfully.

Please shut down your PC then reboot your modem, restart your PC and let me know if you can then download replay data for 2/23.

Comment

@NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ The issue still persists. I am unable to download data on either of my two machines as of 10:52 EST.

I have tried all the things that you recommended plus more. My previous comments lay out all that I have tried.

I was able to download replay data up the the current minute while the markets were open earlier in the day but now I am not able to. My current theory is that the time of the day determines whether or not I can download data. I will report back tomorrow with my test details and results.

Comment

I was able to download on 2/27 at 00:26:00 EST the 2/23, and 2/26.

I didn't try before midnight.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is what I know:

I am able to download data regardless of computer, internet connection, ect. when the market is open. NT will download up to the minute. However, now at 10:30 EST again I am not able to download the entire day. In fact, a screenshot shows that I had data download for today that was overwritten with a download of ~5 min.

Can you please test downloading after hours, more specifically around the times that I am trying?

In the meantime the workaround is to download replay data on my main machine or laptop and transfer it to my main machine if needed. Not exactly fun.
                        Attached Files

Comment

It is 2/27/2018 10:58pm EST and I can only get 4 minutes of 2/27/2018 after hours on ES 03-18.

2/27/2018 12:00:00 AM 2/27/2018 12:04:42 AM
                          2/26/2018 12:00:00 AM 2/26/2018 11:59:58 PM

I agree - something is going on after hours. I'm using @SIM license if that matters.

Comment

I will test this on my end this evening and will follow up as soon as I gather additional information.

Comment

I was able to reproduce this on my end as well. I have forwarded this to our development team and will follow up after I gather additional information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes