Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No Plots on revised TSI indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Plots on revised TSI indicator

I was making a few modifications to the TSI Indicator
    1. Adding a Moving Average
    2. Subtracting the MA from the TSI to get a Difference Historigram (Similar to MACD)
    3. Adding a MA to smooth the Historigram.

Things moved along pretty well until I added the last MA. The indicator compiles fine, but when it is applied to a chart, it plots no values.

I have repeatedly confirmed that all inputs are in the variables, the plot lines are being initialized and all are also contained in the Properties section, but I'm now stumped.

I've attached the indicator for reference and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Please see your Log tab in the Control Center window, there are likely some errors that will provide a clue as to what the programming error may be.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've checked the log and there are no errors related to this indicator, (there were a couple related to compiling another, but once it compiled, they were no longer generated in the log)

Comment

When I applied your indicator, I noticed an error message in the log "Index was outside of bounds of array".

The problem is that you are wrapping the DataSeries objects (TSI, XmaTsi etc...) with a property but incorrectly accessing the Values[] array.

In .NET, collections/arrays are zero based. Meaning, the 1st slot in a collection has a zero index and NOT a 1 index.

Change the properties to start with Values[0], Values[1] etc... and your indicator will work fine.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes