Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatal: Market data handler

Hi all,
    I have got the error message here attached , just as described in this thread , but I am running Ninja 8.0.7.0 - 64 bit.

Furthermore, since I switched to WIN10, I have been experiencing everyday problem of command lags and some crash of Ninja 8... The above mentioned message appeared, in fact, after the last of several Ninja reboots.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Attached Files

Hello webqual

Thank you for your post,

It looks like you are a release behind. Please update at your convenience using the steps below:

* First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    * Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    * Enter your license key and press Submit
    * Select 'NinjaTrader 8'

* Select 'Download'
    * Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

If you do see the same behavior on the updated version, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your updated log and trace files to your response so we may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Eric,
      I have installed the 8.0.7.1 and it's working fine ... for the moment...

Comment

Same error with 8.0.8.0

Hi all,
        still the same "missing market data handler" error as per the previous posts. Same header but different lines contents (see attachment)

Now I am running the 8.0.8.0 . I have the same problems of lagging and I still need to reboot several times in order to get the ninja running.

Thanks in advance.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your updated log and trace files to your response so we may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What was the solution to this issue? I've run into this a few times in the past and a few times just today.

I've tried being as cautious as possible by wrapping it in a try/catch, but it doesn't save it from the occational "Fatal: there's no market data handler to unsubscibe"

PHP Code:
            else if (State == State.Terminated)
                        {

Dispose();
                            try
                            {

// Trying to be super cautious, since there have been random, fatal errors that happened here

if (AttachedTo != null && bAttachedListener)
                                    if (
            AttachedTo.Instrument != null)

AttachedTo.Instrument.MarketDataUpdate -= OnMarketData;
                            }
                            catch{ }
                        } 
            Is there something else that needs to be checked beforehand? Should the "Dispose" happen afterward?

Thank you!
            Last edited by neoikon; 07-13-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Unfortunately, I am unsure what the solution was for the user as there was no further reply here in this thread.

Can you tell me, were you using the current release when you had seen this? I see this was originally reported back in 8.0.7.0 which there have been many changes since then.

Also, do you have a simple example of the syntax used that you can export and provide for testing along with the directions for use? If this is intermittent, we can test it over a period of time to see if the same result is seen. Otherwise, if this is very rarely seen you may need to further review the code to see if an isolated scenario can be found.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using version NinjaTrader 8.014.1 (64bit)

It's very random as to its occurance. I've seen a few posts about this topic, but the result was always the same, "contact support", but nothing written back to the forum as to the reason or solution. So, I just picked one and replied to it.

I see now that this original post was an occurance for NinjaTrader 7! So I am way off.

Except for the code snippet I shared, I'm not sure what is actually going wrong or how to verify the error situation isn't the case before trying to remove the EventHandler.

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Thank you for your response.

I would like to look into this further with you. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred and we can then post on this forum thread when we find a solution to your case.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello neoikon,

We did not receive your log and trace files.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email so I may investigate this matter further.
                    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments in your email.
                    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

I apologize for the delay. I've been waiting for it to happen again, as it is very random and it could be many days in between events. I may just have to attach PAST log/trace files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Perr0Grande  
                      Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post elderan