Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Aut. Trading with strategy > StopLoss is sending as StopLimit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aut. Trading with strategy > StopLoss is sending as StopLimit?

I use the AT-interface with an *.txt file.

I have created an ATM Strategy with the dynamic super dom (simple strategy with the HSI-future, buy (or sell) 1 contract, sending together with a profit target and a stoploss, and I named the ATM strategy.

In the ATM Strategy I only use the stoploss and the profit target parameter.

About eSignal and *.txt file is the order/strategy sendig to NT and it works, but the stoploss order at the IB account is after the execution of the buy (or sell-) order setting as a stoplimit order, not as a simple stop order. The stop is setting correct, but with a limit +/- 20 ticks.

Where is the difference of 20 ticks preset?

How can I set with the ATM Strategy a stoporder after execution.

Torso

ATM strategies ALWAYS submit STOP LIMIT orders for stop loss orders. You can not change this. This is because there was a time where GLOBEX only supported STOP LIMIT natively. This has since changed however, not all broker technologies support native GLOBEX STOP LIMIT orders so NinjaTrader submits this order type as default to ensure orders are truly at the exchange. It also puts in a wide (20 tick or so) limit price offset to ensure orders that trigger are filled.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, but is a way, change the range and make a greater range (e.g. wide +/40 ticks) ?

I trade the HSI future, and it is very volatile. Now is the HSI near 22000 points, and the wide of 20 ticks for a stoplimit is risky, that the stop doesn´t work safe.

The DAX-Future is also often at a forced rate, 30-40 Ticks in 1sec. I think it is better, get a greater wide.

Is it possible, change the stoplimit-range?

Torso

Comment

Most exchanges have a threshold as to how far a limit price can be from it's stop price. 20 ticks or so falls underneath some of the major exchanges thresholds. In nearly 4 years of operation, we have NEVER had one situation where a stop loss STOP LIMIT order has not filled due to the market moving out of the limit price range. Of course this is no guarantee, just our experience thus far.

Comment

Stop Limit Orders vs Stop Loss Orders

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          ATM strategies ALWAYS submit STOP LIMIT orders for stop loss orders. You can not change this. This is because there was a time where GLOBEX only supported STOP LIMIT natively. This has since changed however, not all broker technologies support native GLOBEX STOP LIMIT orders so NinjaTrader submits this order type as default to ensure orders are truly at the exchange. It also puts in a wide (20 tick or so) limit price offset to ensure orders that trigger are filled.
          Ray,

Is NT going top enhance the software so I can have the option of putting in a stop loss rather than a stop limit order. If my broker supports the stop loss parameters I would like to have the option of using it.

jstockman

Comment

Stop limits are only forced for CME/GLOBEX, for clarification. Currently there are no plans to change this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes