Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 crashing on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 crashing on startup

Hi there,

I am developing an AddOn, and I am using an external dll. I have refactored the dll and move some code out into a common dll, and then added a reference to the original dll and updated all the code to point to that.

In hindsight I should have added the reference in NT8 to the new dll as soon as I created the project and before I moved the code and created a dependency for the original dll. As a result, now I have completed the code changes I can no longer start NT as the original dll now has a dependency on the new dll and NT does not yet have a reference to the new dll.
    I have added a reference to the new dll in the VS project and compiled it successfully, but NT still crashes on start up every time during the: Loading Custom Assemblies... stage.

I have tried editing the C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\Config.xml file and commenting out the references to the original dll, and commenting out the addon reference to it... but it did not make any difference.

Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling NT8?

Thanks for your time.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I would suggest trying the following steps to eliminate your code from the installation which should allow you to start the platform. After doing that, you could make any changes needed to correct the end result.

If you are unable to start the platform, please first try starting in safe mode which should allow you to manage the NinjaScript items as well. You would be unable to compile but should be able to exclude, remove or manage references and ninjascript items.

To do this, hold the Left Control key and double-click the ninjaTrader icon while continuing to hold Left Control until you see the control center. Check that you are in safe mode in the Help -> About menu.

If that is unable to provide a solution, please try the following more destructive steps:
    1. Open the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom
    2. Remove the assembly in question and all of its other dll references.
    3. Delete the file: NinjaTrader.Custom.dll (do not delete any other files with this name prefix)
    4. Try to start the platform, this should force a recompile without the items you created.

If there are no other errors, it should start up and will likely have missing references in the NinjaScript editor. After correcting/removing missing references, a compile should be completed.

Please let me know if you are able to resolve this or not, if you are not we can likely schedule a call to help correct the problem if you email our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse,

Your a champion mate!! I was able to recover without reinstalling. Thanks for the assistance.

Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post terofs
      by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
      1 response