Plot executions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot executions ?

I just happened to notice that sometimes NT8 is plotting two small arrows for trade entries/exits, while there was only one action in reality. The markers look as if there was an entry and an exit on the same bar, which it wasn't.

Not sure whether this is by design or by mistake - do two arrows mean something different?

There was no automated strategy involved, only manually buying or selling one futures contract (this was even in SIM-mode), so no multiple fills possible. Shadow-orders are not enabled. As you can see from the execution-text in the attached screenshot both trades were about ONE contrac onlyt, and there was no other position active at time of entry.

I found several such "double-arrows" and several other executions with regular single-arrow, sometimes for entries, sometimes for exits, sometimes for both.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20171004.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Drew,

What was the outcome of this investigation? My chart does the same thing with opposing carats/arrows of the same color on some entries and some exits. Not all, but some.. Thank you.

Newt

Comment

What are you using?

Playback? Or Analyzer?
        Or is this in live?

Comment

Live trading, sometimes it puts two carats, sometimes not. It doesn't seem to affect execution, just strange.

Comment

silver99,

Thanks for your post.

I would invite you to write in to Platform Support as well to investigate this matter. So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20180226.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

Hi, I experience this same issue under the same exact parameters as described below. Has a reason/fix been identified? Thank you.

Comment

biegea,

Thanks for your note.

There would not be a known item or cause behind this item, so we're investigating this behavior on a case-by-case basis. I would invite you to write in using the instructions in our previous reply for further investigation.

Comment

Link to existing forum discussion on topic: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...lot-executions

I am having the same charting problem as discussed in the above link:
                  I am seeing "double-arrows" for the plot executions where these executions should be showing a single-arrow, I've turned marker plot on and off and then back on, but no help in fixing this issue. I've also attached today's trace file. What do I need to do to get this back to single marker plotting? Thanks, Joe
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_DrewO; 05-10-2019, 02:23 PM. Reason: Trace files can contain personal information.

Comment

rfjoeyb,

I recommend using the instructions in the above posts to write into Platform Support so we may check into this behavior directly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                    Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes