Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

On Execution Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Execution Update

Hello. I expect this info exists somewhere but I can't find it.
    I have code where my Stops are entered in the OnExecutionUpdate. What appears to be happening is that with each partial fill I'm getting a stop submitted for the full order amount. Conceivably, I could have a stop associated with each partial fill but that causes problems for other parts of the code, so I'm just trying to submit a single stop following a complete fill based on the average fill price. My code looks like this:

protected override void OnExecutionUpdate(Execution execution, string executionId, double price, int quantity, MarketPosition marketPosition, string orderId, DateTime time)
    {
    if (isBuyCont1)
    {
    enterPrice = execution.Order.AverageFillPrice;
    buyCont1TrailPrice = enterPrice-stopSize;
    if(execution.Order.OrderState==OrderState.Filled)
    {
    stopOrder = SubmitOrderUnmanaged(0, OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.StopMarket, execution.Order.Filled, 0, buyCont1TrailPrice, ocoSignal, stopSignal);

targetOrder = SubmitOrderUnmanaged(0,OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.Limit, execution.Order.Filled, enterPrice+targetSize,0,ocoSignal,targetSignal);
    }
    Sorry for the formatting. Does anything stick out as to why I might be getting multiple stops submitted when I get partial fills?
    Thanks

Hello stewarco.

Thanks for the note.

One way I could see to prevent this would be checking the Filled property of the Order object for the correct quantity:

The error might be coming from a different part of your code since the snipped you posted submits the stop only if the OrderState is Filled and not PartFilled. I would advise you add prints at the top of your OnExecutionUpdate() method to print data about the Order object being evaluated.

I look forward to assisting further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

follow up

Hi. Maybe I'm unclear about the meaning of "Filled".
      My understanding is that Filled means the entire order has been filled, and so by making sure that Order.State = Filled, I would only be submitting a stop order once. Similarly, I thought I could try submitting the stop if Order.State <> PartFilled, i.e. only when it's complete.

Am I correct in that the Order info that gets passed to OnExecutionUpdate is the actual order, and not just the partial portion that has been executed?

Comment

Hello stewarco,

Thanks for the reply.

I tested the behavior myself and (if Orderstate == Filled) always results in just one Stop order. Checking (if Orderstate == PartFilled) results in the output that you are getting, multiple stops for each partial fill. I would need to see your full script to see if I can reproduce the output that you are getting. If you do not want to post it here, you may email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and paste the link to this thread in the body.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thanks

Ok thanks. I will try to tinker some more to see what’s going on. The problem I’m having is when I back test the code there are no partial fills, so I can’t replicate the issue except when I’m live which obviously is a tricky way to test. I guess I could just run it live in a simulation account?

Comment

Hello stewarco,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier, but you can force the simulation account to get partial fills by going to Tools>Options>Trading> Check "Enforce partial fills".

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post martin70  
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes