dll shortcoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dll shortcoming

Hi, I just got NT going yesterday and it was not difficult to change an indicator in Tradestation to one that is placing orders with my IB simulation account. I appreciate the clarity of documentation and good working order of the dll.

One suggestion so far: I would love it if the command NTMarketposition would return the number of contracts/shares as well as the marketposition. The dll seems incomplete without that capability. I am deploying a strategy that trades just one contract of the YM all day, always in the market. If I am off by one contract then the whole thing is off pretty badly for the day if the one extra contract is not in the market direction.

I can write a unit of code to keep track of all the order id's and their positions to make sure I am not holding more than one contract in either direction but it is extra code and extra cpu cycles and I'm guessing that the IB API would give up the number of contracts if the dll asked for it.

- value > 0: Long
    - value < 0: Short
    - value = 0: Flat

Comment

Funny, according to the docs it should return a value from -1 to 1 but I am getting the number of contracts... which is what I was suggesting!!

Comment

Where in the DOC? For sure this needs to be corrected. This is what we have:

int MarketPosition(string instrument, string account)

Gets the market position for an instrument/account combination. Returns 0 for flat, negative value for short positive value for long. This function will only return values for positions initiated via the ATI.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I must have been mixed up. I guess I was tired and read <0 as -1. Sorry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite