Ninja crashes exception code 0x80000003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja crashes exception code 0x80000003

I have a scenario where Ninja crashes and shuts down taking an exception code of 0x80000003 in KERNELBASE.dll, which seems to indicate a status breakpoint has been triggered. The thing is I am not debugging and so dont have any breakpoints enabled.

The crash has something to do with an indicator that I have written and have on a single chart. However, thru extensive tracing, the exception is not taking place in my code, but in the Ninja code. Ninja does only crash though when this indicator is applied.

The indicator creates a number of gui controls and is loosely based on indi from https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...327#post499327 I have verified that all of my code is running on the proper thread, all code is properly catching exceptions, and all code is properly cleaning up on termination.

Sometimes the exception triggers while loading the workspace, sometimes it triggers after an order executes, sometimes it triggers when the code reloads after a recompile, sometimes it triggers when a second workspace is opened. There is no real obvious trigger other than it seems to be async to my indi logic.

This is running Ninja ver 13.1. One thing that has changed recently is the latest win10 update, maybe unrelated but that is about when this started happening.

Hello aslane,

Thank you for the post.

Even though the exception is not in your code directly, as you noted it requires your item to exhibit the problem so it is likely due to some syntax being used. You can certainly reach deeper exceptions in the platform if you are doing more advanced tasks such as modifying the GUI. Depending on what you are doing, you may be adversely affecting an internal control or something internal that is not directly related to your code.

We have just released a newer version so I would suggest re-testing in the newest release but if the problem persists we would likely need a sample of what you are doing specifically to further assist.

As you noted you are creating a number of controls, I would suggest testing variations of your script with less number of controls in each to see if one can be identified as the cause. If you are able to further isolate this down to a specific portion of your code, the cause will either be apparent or if not we can take a look at that situation specifically to find a resolution.

Additionally, if you find a set of steps that can reproduce this and just want to check if this is isolated to your PC (windows update), I could run that situation on my end to check if I also have the crash.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The new version (14) is even worse.

It is not the GUI that is causing the issue, it seems to be interacting with the Account and or orders/positions. I am only reading items, so that seems an odd way to cause a crash at a later time.

I understand much of what I am doing is unsupported, and I will try to whittle it down to something smaller that can reproduce for you.

Comment

Turns out had nothing to do with my indicator, as NT started crashing with generic chart windows with standard indicators.

I ended up uninstalling NT, reinstalling from scratch, and adding back all of my code, then copied in old workspaces, and it worked fine.

Clearly Ninja app got itself into some kind of bad state.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin