Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot launch after version update

Windows 7, 64bit

I installed 8.14.01 today and the program cannot open. I am using the bin64 version. The launcher checks the license and then disappears. If I try to relaunch, it gives the multi-instance error. The platform does that often because the NinjaTrader.exe process sometimes lingers after a crash, but this part is easy to fix by killing the process and then relaunch. No more multi-instance error but the program again does not open.

I tried repeatedly all the routine fixes and none help. I reinstalled as repair; I removed the program entirely and reinstalled; I rebooted the machine. Nothing helps. The problem persists now in the older version 8.13.0.1 too. So I cannot even go back to a working version.

Please help

Thanks
    Last edited by xcondor; 05-25-2018, 07:37 AM.

We'll likely need your log and trace files to find out why this is occurring on your PC, however, let's see if we can resolve this on the forums with the information available. Please do not share your log and trace files here as they may contain sensitive information. If needed, we can continue our troubleshooting via email.

What are "all the routine fixes" exactly?

Do any messages or errors appear on your screen during this process? If so, what do they report?

Are you able to start NinjaTrader in safe mode? To do so, follow these steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Are you able to start NinjaTrader in safe mode?
      YES.

Sorry I took so long. When it rains it pours. I had other issues this AM.

I see that in safe mode the AddOns folder is ignored, and probably the temp compile dll too. So, to make sure an add-on is not the culprit, I backed up and deleted the entire "AddOns" folder. That sort of should mimic safe mode. The problem still persists. So the cause is not an addon. I knew that but I had to confirm.

So in safe mode the control center does come up and I am able to load workspaces but stripped of my addons. I still cannot load the program normally even though all addons have been removed.

Please help

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred:
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1909946 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Any chance to get a response before the weeken? I had plans to do some development over the weekend.

FYI, the Windows She'll is not reading the NinjaTrader.exe icon resource because I now get a generic icon in the taskbar.

Comment

Hello xcondor,

We are available to contact you any time from 9:00 AM Eastern until 6:00 PM Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum post.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes