Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How Calculate Sell Volume and Buy Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Calculate Sell Volume and Buy Volume

Currently I try to obtain the volume of buyers and volume of sellers per bar. I am trying to get the accumulated delta but the result is not correct. The total volume that I get is the same as the VOL indicator indicates, but the distribution of sellers and buyers does not match.

I'm programming in NT7 and the Delta calculations I get in the OnBarUpdate method, because I need the volume and the distribution of sellers and buyers for each tick movement.

Could you please help me with this matter?
    Last edited by jvarela; 04-17-2018, 03:35 PM.

Hello jvarela,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, what have are you currently trying that is not working? I wouldn't be able to tell from the description what may be going wrong in what you are trying, a sample would likely be needed to see the problem as you are.

Otherwise, I would suggest looking at the BuySellVolume indicator that comes with the platform, this indicator splits the volume into buys and sells which sounds similar to what you are trying.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem with BuySellVolume indicator is that it does not show historical ask bid volume. Is there a reason Ninja is unable to do this? Sierra Chart and TradeStation both have access to historical bid ask volume and it would be great if Ninja also had. This is one of the things preventing to using Ninja full time.

Comment

jdouglas1972 is right, the BuySellVolume indicator gives a volume value different from the one given by the VOL indicator, for this reason my need is to know the distribution of buyers and sellers in the VOL indicator.

Comment

I already get the solution, Thanks for help!

Comment

Hello,
            Although the code of the BuySellVolume indicator is clear and (I think) correct, I can't understand what I finally see on the charts.
            Attached to this post you can see a capture of a live chart of SYN. It's a volume chart. Of course is not a significant graph for trading but it's good to clarify my question.
            Look at the Buy sell volume indicator: How is it possible that we have bars of about 10000 (green, only buy)?
            It is supposed that the buy sell indicator should display bars <= 1000!!
            My data feed provider is IQFeed
            Attached Files
            Last edited by gofortips; 04-20-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle
            by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes