NT8 Charts not staying up to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Charts not staying up to date

I'm using the latest NT NT 8.0.9.0 with TWS (960.2g) The problem is, most charts do not update if there's a small or minimal or no price change, They will not continue to draw dashes for as long as there's no or little price change and the time axis does not move or stay up-to-date. I'm using mainly 5-minute charts and some charts are more than an hour behind however the price marker seems to have the correct price even though it may not align with the far right displayed candle. I have 16 charts (one workspace) and the time axis is different from one to another. If I reload historical data, the timeline jumps to the current time and current candle but right away but after 5-10 minutes, they start to fall behind at different rates. I also cleared the cache folder with no resolve. Is this a known issue. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Thanks.

Also, I failed to mention that this was also occurring on the last NT8 version NT 8.0.6.1
    Last edited by grazz; 09-27-2017, 06:14 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170927.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will do. Thank you Drew.

Also, to be clear, I have chosen to have TWS display market data from 16:00 EST to 20:00 EST and from 8:00 EST to 9:30 EST. On NT8, under Data Series, I have Trading Hours set to "Default 24x7" so this data will display.

My IB charts look great and they never fall behind but the NT8 charts need to be constantly reloaded of historical data.
      Last edited by grazz; 09-28-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

For instance, today, KR was halted for about 15-20 minutes and during that time, the NT8 timeline did not move. When the trading on KR resumed, the chart resumed but those 15-20 minutes were left out of the chart.

Comment

Hello,

If you have not done so yet please write in using the instructions in my previous post.

Comment

Thanks Drew. I did send the files to you about a week ago.

Comment

Hello,

If you have not received a reply from Platform Support, I would recommend resending your note to be sure it's received on our end. If you do not receive a reply for this secondary message, please let me know in this thread.

Comment

I did receive a reply saying that there are connection issues, But the chart sometimes fails to update during times where there is no (or very little) price change. When there is ample price change (which is most of the time), there are no issues. I'm wondering if this characteristic of NT8 or characteristic of the IB data feed or a combo of the two? IB charts do draw bars (dashes) when there's no price change, but sometimes NT8 does not.
                Last edited by grazz; 10-11-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

grazz,

We would be happy to continue investigating if you would please respond to your ongoing Support Ticket with any additional information you may have and updated copies of your log and trace files.

Comment

OK. Will do. Thanks so much Drew.

I also wanted to update this thread and reiterate this issue in case someone using NT8 with an IB Data feed knows something more about this.

Comment

Originally posted by grazz View Post
                      For instance, today, KR was halted for about 15-20 minutes and during that time, the NT8 timeline did not move. When the trading on KR resumed, the chart resumed but those 15-20 minutes were left out of the chart.
                      If I remember correctly, NT7 did this also. I had a similar question years ago.

I doubt NT8 changed any.

There should be no dash if nothing happened. No time either.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                        If I remember correctly, NT7 did this also. I had a similar question years ago.

I doubt NT8 changed any.

There should be no dash if nothing happened. No time either.
                        OK. Thanks so much for the response. Greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I'm wondering if this qualifies as the same type of issue? See linked video. The chart never updated even though the price had moved several times as proven by reloading historical data. Thx.

LINK
                        (Download the video if it plays too slow)
                        Last edited by grazz; 10-11-2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Sparkyboy  
                        Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                        21 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Bidder