Z-Order Bug with Strategies Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Order Bug with Strategies Panel

There seems to be a problem with the z-order on the strategies settings panel. If I have a NinjaScript editor open then it remains > the strategies panel:

The strategies panel is actually active there and can be moved around, whereas the editor panel is inactive. This is NT8.0.9.0.64.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, are there any specific steps that cause this to occur for you or is this random when it happens? Also is this from opening the strategy window from a Chart or was this from the control center?

If there are any steps to reproduce this I would be interested to see that, I was not able to see this happen on my end from my short test.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, are there any specific steps that cause this to occur for you or is this random when it happens? Also is this from opening the strategy window from a Chart or was this from the control center?

If there are any steps to reproduce this I would be interested to see that, I was not able to see this happen on my end from my short test.

Happens to me every single time - all I need to do is to pop open the strategy configuration panel.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for confirming that.

I wanted to verify, is this happening from a Chart, control center or both?

Also, have you at this point tried closing all open workspaces to leave only an empty workspace, does this still happen in an empty workspace? This would be a helpful test if you have not tested this yet.
        Some other tests you could try would be to close the NinjaScript editor and reopened it, does this still happen in that case?
        Also does closing the editor, then saving the workspace and reopening it present the same problem?

could you check if any of these items resolve the positioning?

I am not able to see this happen on my end by simply opening the strategy menu, it is likely this relates to something specific from your end. If you can test the items mentioned that would be helpful to know the results.

Comment

I uploaded a Flash file (click here} which demonstrates the issue clearly. BTW, this is a 2nd installation, this time on Windows Server 2012. The previous one was Windows 7 - same problem with the strategy configuration z-order. Both are fairly new installations, the Windows 2012 install is only a day old. I don't think this is a local issue.
          Last edited by molecool; 10-12-2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Did you guys see my response?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I wanted to gather further details as I have not been able to see this happen on my end. Also, could you confirm my prior question on this? Are you seeing this happen from the control center or a chart or both?

When you did the reinstall, had to created a new user folder to test in or was the prior data retained? If you had kept any user data, I believe a clean user folder would be my next suggested step to see if this is related to something you have in the user folder.

If you did do a clean install with a new user folder, I would likely want to see about getting a copy of a workspace you are using. I could test this on my end to see if I am able to see the window sticking behind the NinjaScript editor.

Could you confirm this for me and also attach a workspace that has this problem if the above has been completed? You can locate the workspaces in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post TraderBCL  
              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
              14 responses
              0 likes