adjust drawings during rollover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adjust drawings during rollover

I just processed the automatic rollover from ES 09-17 to ES 12-17 in NT8.
    All my drawings were transferred to the new contract which is fine.

When I scroll through my adjusted charts now I find all drawings (lines, ray, Fib Ext etc.) off by roughly two points - I assume this is the delta between the contracts.

I understand that perhaps some traders want their drawings to stay exactly at a certain level (e.g. round numbers). On the other hand, most of my lines are based on bars' highs & lows - S/R-levels, perhaps some price channels etc.

Maybe it would be an enhancement to have an option on the Rollover-page, something like "adjust drawings to new values yes/no"? Not sure how easy or complicate this would to implement, but it would be quite a nice feature for me - no big issue, just as a suggestion.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I have not yet been able to replicate this on my end when testing. So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170907.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Drew
      Just sent the mail, with some additional before/after screenshots.
      Please be aware that I'm talking about the manual drawn stuff, like Line, Rectangle, Fib Ret, Text, but not the indicator based lines (EMA, prev day High/Low etc.) which are also visible on those screenshots.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
      15 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse