NinjaTrader + Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader + Interactive Brokers

Not a user of Ninja Trader yet. Like to know if there are any videos or tutorials on how NinjaTrader works with IB (I know there are setup tutorials, but I am looking for trade management/signals etc on how they work together).

Also, how much will it cost for the live market data and level 2 data (does NinjaTrader pulls the market data from IB or do I need to have separate market data coming to NinjaTrader, if so how much does it cost for market data of US stocks and options for day trading )

Hello kashili,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

We don't have any videos that go over information of this kind - our YouTube videos are concentrated on educating our client base to become familiar with the features of the platform, not necessarily the underlying technical processes of how the platform manages orders.

If you have a specific question about a specific scenario, I'd be happy to answer it.

NinjaTrader does have the ability to pull the market data from your IB account into NinjaTrader. I would not be aware of Interactive Broker's pricing for their market data subscriptions, you would have to direct that inquiry to their support team.

You can view all of our supported data providers in our help guide here:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Alan/Support,
      currently I use InteractiveBrokers for day and swing trading (have all the market data subscriptions through IB).

If I have strategy developed using Ninja Scripts and I want this strategy to either a) alert when conditions met or b) automatically route the order through IB, should I subscribe to market data or anything else from Ninja trader, or is it suffice to purchase only NinjaTrader platform?

I understand NinjaTrader can pull the market data from IB for "routing/executing" the order through IB; but, how about alerting/triggering an order from Ninja Script?

Pl advice

Comment

Hello kashili,

Thanks for your reply.

It is not necessary to subscribe to market data from NinjaTrader, you can supply your platform with market data from any data provider you would like. So long as you connect to your brokerage account, you will be able to trade that account in our platform. We do support multiple connections, so you can for instance connect to your live brokerage account but receive market data from another source other than IB if desired.

NinjaTrader will trigger orders and alerts based on the information being transmitted from the data provider you are receiving the real-time data from.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello kashili,

As an IB and NinjaTrader user, there are some issues with using IB data with another charting platform. IB's data feed is filtered (does not contain information for each and every tick). IB does not offer historic tick data at all, only historic time based data.

Given the above, if you are working with anything except time based charts or if your NinjaScript Strategy requires more than minimal historic data, I would suggest using a separate data source (Kinetick, IQFeed, eSignal, Barchart.com etc.) and IB for executions only (this is my setup using Kinetick).

Hope this is helpful.

John

Comment

If my data feed is IB, can I use analyzer data with it?

Comment

Hello Ufesa,

Please clarify what is 'analyzer data'?
              ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Arcelia View Post
                Hello Ufesa,

Please clarify what is 'analyzer data'?
                I have contracted the FDAX data so I create systems with the system analyzer.
                I now want to do it with stock, so I will contract the stock data with IB.
                Can I use this data to create systems?

I apologize for my English.

Comment

Hello Ufesa,

You may use the strategy analyzer or market analyzer with minute data through Interactive Brokers.
                  ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Javierw.ok  
                  Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                  2 responses