Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy fills above market price for Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy fills above market price for Market Replay

Hi,

The strategy executes above the market price.
    I did read this : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=42337

I do understand that my chart is based on last, and strategy will execute at best bid/ask for more realistic result. But isn't chart then supposed to catch up with that executed price at some point?
    In my case it never does for next 2 bars (See the picture attached).

This is market replay on forex 10 min bar.
    Filled at 1:11:24 @ 1.3243

Is there anything I don't know? Some special execution rules?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hi anyaM, you're correct you see this as the chart is showing the last price, while executions are done on the bid / ask (in replay, live / sim trading).

The chart would not catch up, in FX the bid price is normally charted since no real Last exists. Thus the Ask price series would always run higher than the bid / last in your case.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi anyaM, you're correct you see this as the chart is showing the last price, while executions are done on the bid / ask (in replay, live / sim trading).

The chart would not catch up, in FX the bid price is normally charted since no real Last exists. Thus the Ask price series would always run higher than the bid / last in your case.

Thanks Bertrand, just to repeat so we are on the same page. In real life situation the chart will catch up since it would be a real trade executed on a market, but since its just a simulation, and the trade doesn't affect the market, the price doesn't reach that point. Is that right?

Comment

No, in FX the charts are driven by the bidprice, so the Ask quoted would always be higher (as it includes the spread you pay), thus any execution on the buy side will be charted out of the bid based bars then.

Comment

No, in FX the charts are driven by the bidprice, so the Ask quoted would always be higher (as it includes the spread you pay), thus any execution on the buy side will be charted out of the bid based bars then.
          Sorry, im confused.
          If my chart is showing best bid price, instead of last. and the order that i mention BUY 1 @ 1.3243 gets filled, shouldn't the chart reach that price mark then?

In my mind for buy order to execute, the price of this order has to become the best bid price for awhile, am i wrong?

Comment

You are not trading a futures contract or equity here, but spot FX directly with your broker - so there's no unified exchange / price / market available. You get a quote to buy and one to sell from your broker directly who participates 'for you' in the bigger interbank market.

Comment

You are not trading a futures contract or equity here, but spot FX directly with your broker - so there's no unified exchange / price / market available. You get a quote to buy and one to sell from your broker directly who participates 'for you' in the bigger interbank market.
              Ok, stops on FX logic. Does a sell stop wait until = best bid and a buy stop wait until = best ask as i would expect?

thanks

Comment

Yes, Buy Stops would be triggered by the ask and Sell Stops by the bid.

Comment

Yes, Buy Stops would be triggered by the ask and Sell Stops by the bid.
                  In SIM, is there a way to change this behavior to "last" or an actual executed trade before triggering a stop?

It's frustrating to get stopped out many pips away from actual market movement, especially when the market never trades at the price set by the stop.

Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately that would not be configurable neoikon. I will add this request though to our feedback tracking lists in product management.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Waxavi
                    by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                    0 responses