How to set Account or Commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set Account or Commissions

...maybe I am missing something but how do I set the specific commissions for the Strategy Analyzer?

Better yet can I set the account for it or at least the basic parameters, account size and commission etc? Thanks.

Hello fxRichard,

Thank you for writing in.

The Strategy Analyzer utilizes the Sim account. You'll want to make sure any commissions you assign pertain to the Simulator account.

Commissions can be set within Control Center -> Options -> Commission tab.

More information about the Commission tab can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ission_tab.htm

Specifying commissions for specific instruments would be done within the Instrument Manager: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt_manager.htm

The Strategy Analyzer allows you to set order quantity by account size. With this selected, you will be able to set a virtual account value that is used to determine maximum order size based on margin settings per instrument set in the Instrument Manager.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Coming back to this...

I have the most recent version of NT8, 8.07 I believe it is. When clicking "Add Commissions" when running a strategy through the analyzer it does not include them. I have verified the Sim account is set to the NT Lifetime license commission structure however if pulling the account info in a backtest it shows up as the "Backtest" account which is not accessible for us to set the commissions on.

Thoughts?

Comment

Hello fxRichard,

Can you please reset the Sim101 account. Go to Control Center-->Accounts-tab, right click the Sim101 account and select 'Edit Account'. Make sure a commission template is selected and click "reset" in the lower right corner. Once reset, please perform a new backtest and make sure 'Include commission' under 'Set up' is enabled.

Let me know if this will not work for you.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Jason,

Thanks for your response. I did this and nothing has changed, still no commissions in backtests.

I have NT installed on two different machines. I tested on my other machine after updating it to 8.0.7 and it worked fine....

Ok so here is what I did to fix it in the event someone else has the same problem:

1 - Reset the Sim101 account, this did not fix the problem
          2 - Set the Sim101 account commissions structure to "None", save
          3 - Set the Sim101 account commissions structure to "NInjatrader Live" or whatever you want.

The changing back and forth for whatever reason fixed the issue....

Comment

fxRichard, thank you for providing us with this information.

I tried setting this up and testing like you, however, I wasn't able to reproduce.

If you continue to experience difficulties with your commissions, please post back and we'll look into this further.
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Commissions not included in Replay

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
              Hello fxRichard,

Thank you for writing in.

The Strategy Analyzer utilizes the Sim account. You'll want to make sure any commissions you assign pertain to the Simulator account.

Commissions can be set within Control Center -> Options -> Commission tab.

More information about the Commission tab can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ission_tab.htm

Specifying commissions for specific instruments would be done within the Instrument Manager: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt_manager.htm

The Strategy Analyzer allows you to set order quantity by account size. With this selected, you will be able to set a virtual account value that is used to determine maximum order size based on margin settings per instrument set in the Instrument Manager.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
              I've tried all these steps and I still see zero commissions in Market Replay. How do I get them to appear for accurate calculations of my results?

Comment

Hello gdstuart, thank you for posting.

Just to confirm, you will have to apply a commission template to the Sim101 account for the Replay101 to show commissions. Please take the steps below to do this.
                1. If you're connected to a data provider, disconnect through the Control Center > Connections menu.
                2. Next, navigate to the Accounts tab of the Control Center.
                3. Right-click on the Sim101 row and select "Edit Account".
                4. Apply a commission template.
                5. Click OK

You may view commission templates in the Control Center > Tools menu > Commissions option.

More about commission templates can be found at the following link:

If you see the same, I would just need to know a few more things.

Do you see no commissions for all instruments? Please provide me with an example of an instrument you don't see commissions for.

What window are you expecting to see commissions? E,g., The Trade Performance window, accounts tab of the Control Center, etc..

I look forward to your reply if you continue to see the same.
                Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                0 responses