Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Brush questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brush questions

1. If a user changes an indicator Brush input using a hex string like #8f00ff00 (vs selecting built in brush), does NinjaTrader freeze that brush, or is it the responsibility of the indicator to do the freeze in State.Configure?

2. I have an indicator with a custom OnRender() and uses the builtin BrushSeries (i.e. BackBrushes, ...). If I set the RenderTarget on the series and call GetDxBrush(), does that brush need to be Disposed?

Originally posted by aslane View Post
    1. If a user changes an indicator Brush input using a hex string like #8f00ff00 (vs selecting built in brush), does NinjaTrader freeze that brush, or is it the responsibility of the indicator to do the freeze in State.Configure?

2. I have an indicator with a custom OnRender() and uses the builtin BrushSeries (i.e. BackBrushes, ...). If I set the RenderTarget on the series and call GetDxBrush(), does that brush need to be Disposed?
    This link might be helpful (working with brushes).. but yes, freeze that brush...

Specifically the section devoted to Understanding Custom Brushes..

I've never used GetDxBrush().. and without seeing your specific code, I'd be guessing..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Thanks, aware of reference. I always freeze brushes I create, just thought this was kind of an edge case. If you have to freeze in this case, then you ALWAYS have to freeze any non-standard brush input because you don't know what the user will do. This is fine, but I have not done so for inputs in the past.

Comment

Hello aslane,

Thank you for your note.

You should freeze the brush as this is not done automatically by NinjaTrader. See,

Yes, you should dispose of the brush in question 2. Below would be an example of disposing of the dxBrush.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
        0 responses
        1 view