Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Possible to know when CC drags orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to know when CC drags orders?

I know how to track when order states change, but I'm specifically trying to capture the specific event of the user dragging a live order with Chart Trader. Not when they click to submit the change order.

As is, I can only have my indicator react once they change the order, but I would like it to react when they are in the moving process.

I've been playing around with various mouse move detection but aside from creating some finicky pixel detection I haven't found a reliable solution.

Hello HandsFreeTrader,

Thank you for the post.

From the perspective of an indicator, it would be fairly difficult finding this specifically. You can use the preview mouse events from the ChartControl to see when these mouse actions are occurring but to know that this is the specific action you want would be difficult to discern.

The lines that the user drags are all part of the chart trader tool so it is not exposed for NinjaScript use. I also see that the lines do not appear in the ChartControls object collections. I am unsure of a way you could identify a specific trade line that is clicked on even if you do use the mouse events to track moving it.

I can put in a feature request to further expose the trade lines as a NinjaScript object. Otherwise, the only suggestion I could make here would be to design your own drawing tool to be used.

DrawingTools have full ability to use the mouse in different states which you could then drag around and set a property to a specific value. An indicator could read the drawing tools value to delegate your logic further.

One idea may be to place a second custom drawing object next to the existing line (think ray or horizontal line) that has other custom actions such as the dragging action you are after.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for confirming.

If you could submit a feature request to be able to access the CC objects via addon/indicator.

Comment

Hello HandsFreeTrader,

I just wanted to provide the tracking number for this request: SFT-2767

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes