Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submitting Orders on the DOM

Hi,

I am using a Logitec mouse whose clicks have been programmed to perform various tasks; for example, select/copy/paste/delete, etc. The consequence of this is that the default settings to place orders on the DOM do not work. Is there a way I can get this to work?

It is likely that these custom mouse hotkey bindings cannot be used in conjunction with NinjaTrader based on the information you've just provided. If this is changing the behavior of the left or middle mouse button, then it seems that this is overriding NinjaTrader's recognition of those mouse clicks.

Where are these mouse hotkey binding defined? Is it within custom software provided by Logitech? If you disable the custom hotkeys, does order submission work as expected?

For reference, here is the help guide section on SuperDOM order entry:

The only work-around would be to use a hotkey which does not utilize the left or middle mouse button.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am aware of the reference you provided, but thank you.
      Yes, the bindings are redefined inside Logitech software. i will see if I i can accommodate this from within Logitech's software.

As an aside, is there a way to pause the dome when placing an order, it bounces around too much.

Comment

If you're using the Dynamic SuperDOM, the price ladder will automatically freeze when you mouse over the price ladder.

Are you using the Dynamic SuperDOM or the Static SuperDOM? Is this ladder freeze not occurring on your end when using the Dynamic SuperDOM?

Please see the link below which goes into detail about the differences between the Dynamic and Static SuperDOM:

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I am using the Dynamic SuperDOM. And no, the ladder freeze is not occurring on my end to the best of my recall. I will test this out more carefully when the market is active.It's slow at this time.

As an aside, is there a way to hide the trade control below the ladder? It takes up too much real estate for my setup.

Comment

The only way to move the trade controls would be to enable 'Trade control on left' by right clicking on the SuperDOM > Properties > Enable 'Trade control on left'

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

I am aware of that but that doesn't really help. I was hoping they might be removable or hideable.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-180. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request. When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Judging by the tracking number this might be an old one in which case my vote should be already added. if not please add (or it might be NT7). Feature was to collapse everything below the ladder

Comment

Bruce, I can see in our internal documentation that your vote already exists. You requested this in ticket #1841569 back in February.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jclose
                    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                    10 responses
                    0 likes