Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SELL STOP Limit Order

Hi,

I'm new to stop limit order and would like to understand the best way to place my orders with a proper offset setting.

First of all, please take a look at the attached images.

Let me give you a hypothetical example.
    I'm expecting a major breakout to the downside below 2905. So I want to place my sell order at 2904.75. Since I want a guaranteed fill at 2904.75 or better, I guess I should use Sell Stop Limit order.

Question 1
    What does it mean placing a sell stop limit order at 2904.75 with offset -2(negative)? Does it mean the order will be filled only at 2904,75, 2905 or 2905.25?

Question 2
    When I place a sell stop limit order at 2904.75 with offset 0 but later I want to change to 1. In this case, should I cancel the order and place a new order with offset 1 or is there a way to change it easily without cancelling the existing pending order?

Question 3
    From the above scenario, what is the best way to place sell order in advance to get filled at 2904.75 or better? Sell stop limit order at 2904.75 with offset 0 or negative?

Question 4
    What exactly will happen to my sell stop limit order at 2904.75 with offset 0 when current market price drops from 2905 to 2904.75? sell stop limit order will become sell limit order at 2904.75?

Question 5
    All limit orders are placed first come first served based. Is there a way to find where my stop limit order is standing in queue?

By the way, I do not use predefined stop limit offset for chart trader (it's unchecked)

Thank you for your support.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jjanguda; 09-15-2018, 10:33 PM.

Hello jjanguda,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To clarify, a positive value would result in a standard stop limit order. A negative value will submit a simulated stop order. For 1, a simulated stop would be submitted with the limit price two ticks from the stop price. For 2, a new order will be needed for the new offset setting. For 3 & 4, only the initial stop price will fill the order-2904.75. For 5, the SuperDOM does offer a APQ - Approximate Position in Queue column that accomplishes this. See below for more on this column.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nInQueueColumn

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response.
      Simulated order was exactly what I've been looking for.

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes