Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollow candles?

Hi

I can't see a setting for hollow candlesticks, only filled.

Are hollow available in NT8?

Thanks.

Hello Irukandji,

Unfortunately, a hollow candle chart style is not included with NinjaTrader.

This could be accomplished with a custom coded chart style or indicator. The CandleOutlineBrush and BarBrush can be set.

However, I am not aware of any community provided scripts for NinjaTrader 8 similar to this.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

That said, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Seems to be too simple/obvious that there must be a reason not, but can't you just set Fill colour to Transparent?

Comment

I think then, there would be no difference between up and down candles, as there is only one setting for body outline colour.

Comment

Hate to say this, but the simplest thing to do in this case seems to be to create your own ChartStyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Irukandji View Post
            I think then, there would be no difference between up and down candles, as there is only one setting for body outline colour.
            Correct - you'll find other threads on the desirability of outline to be related to candle direction, and the 'undesirability' of having to create your own Custom chart style or coding to achieve this, all to no avail. All are inter-related

Comment

How to contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant?

How to contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              Hello Irukandji,

Unfortunately, a hollow candle chart style is not included with NinjaTrader.

This could be accomplished with a custom coded chart style or indicator. The CandleOutlineBrush and BarBrush can be set.

However, I am not aware of any community provided scripts for NinjaTrader 8 similar to this.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

That said, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

Comment

Hello istock999,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post grayfrog  
                Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                30 responses
                1 like