Corrupted YG data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupted YG data

I have hit this problem before, and as I recall several times support guided me on how to reset my historical databases. It always appears to affect YG, or at least it is the most susceptible, probably because it is lower volume and there must be a problem in NT handling the low volume.

Anyway, can someone help out with this reset? In the help it says to only do a reset if guided by NT support. To make sure it was not my version of NT, I just installed 7.0.1000.9, 64bit, multi-broker, lifetime.

The symptom is as follows. On the orders window I select YG 06-12 and can see the price and volume in the Bid,Ask,Last window. I open a new chart and select YG 06-12. The historical data always looks fine. There is High, Low, Close for the bars. The new data after any chart is opened is always bad, it has a single "-" for each bar, no High, Low, Close and it lags in time by many minutes. I know it is not the data provider because all my data is from Vision, and it updates all other instruments every second. It also shows in the Orders tab as having volume and the chart data has an older price, and NO HLC bars.

The final symptom is that if I use "Reload All Historical Data" on the YG chart, it gets stuck with "Loading data..." in the chart and never completes. I have rebooted my computer, reconnected to Vision, but as I said I know from past experience this is not the data provider.
    Last edited by tradetree; 03-02-2012, 03:58 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Does this occur when you select the current contract YG 04-12? The YG instrument is not scheduled to rollover to the 06-12 contract until 3/30/2012.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well I'll try that. I looked at the volume on 03-12 and it had none. I thought YG went by quarters so the next contract was 06-12. Of course I'll try 04-12 and let you know if I still have problems. I am still sceptical because if you see volume in the Order window, as I did for the 06-12 contract, it should translate to the chart window regardless. If 06-12 is really not being traded then I should not see any volume in the Orders tab.

Comment

The YG 06-12 contract is currently available for trading however the volume is very low at this time.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes