Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hourly, 240 Min Bar Open and Close Time

Hi,

I use NT for my main charting software. I use IB at my broker so have the odd basic chart on their platform. I have noticed that (as well as other people I speak to and compare with) the NT hourly bars don't open and close at the same times as other platforms.

For example my 240 min (4 hour) would have 2 hours 38 mins remaining, other peoples and other platforms charts would have only 38 mins left.

I am using the session template 'US Equities RTH'

Does anybody have a reason for this?

See example attached of the same hourly chart live as of now, with different candles due to this.

Image 1 is NT
    Image 2 is IB

These should be the same but are not due to the bars forming at different times.

Please help!

Thanks
    Attached Files

There are two things contributing to this within NinjaTrader:
    • NinjaTrader's bars print the closing time as the time stamp for that bar
    • The session template will control when the first bar of the session appears

The 'US Equities RTH' trading hours template you're using will begin printing its first bar at 9:30AM Eastern US time. Here is a screenshot of this template:

I would expect a 240 minute bar to appear on your chart with a time stamp of 1330 and 1600 Eastern time. If your PC clock or NinjaTrader platform is set to a different time zone, then the time zone on your chart will reflect your local time relative to Eastern US time.

From what you've described, it sounds like bars in other platforms start 2 hours earlier than NinjaTrader when using the trading hours template you've selected. If you want this to match a different platform, you would need to find out what the start time for their bars are, use an appropriate trading hours template (or create your own), and then keep in mind that your NinjaTrader bars will be timestamped with their closing time and not their opening time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Christopher_R  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    166 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post sidlercom80