strategy analyzer giving unhandled exception error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy analyzer giving unhandled exception error

The strategy analyzer is giving an unhandled exception error every time i run a backtest regardless of what settings i use or what strategy i test or on what instruments are being tested. I noticed this issue has been brought up several times on the forums already but none of them offer an obvious solutions.

Hello gordongekko,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have tested everything i can think of an this unhandled exception error still persists but since it's a generic error I'm out of guesses. I updated the platform to the newest version with a clean reinstall. I tested a new database, removing all workspaces, templetes, etc. and it still doesn't work. It does work when started in safe mode but that is of no use to me. I did also test it on all of the sample strategies and those do no work either unless it is in safe mode. If needed i will send in my log and trace files to whoever is there today that can take a look at this. Also as a side note, why does this platform hang like its on monkey bars every time you pull a large amount of data for multiple instruments simultaneously?
      Last edited by gordongekko; 03-09-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hello gordongekko,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform so we can look further into this inquiry?

We look forward to assisting you further.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

my trace files folder contains over 26GB of data. It crashed the platform trying to send it. I'm going going to send today's data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post RookieTrader