Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing Rectangle on Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Rectangle on Bar

Hi,

Im hoping someone can assist here. I'm currently using Renko bars for trading.
    I've developed a simple indicator that shows how much a bar would need to move to get a new renko bar (green or red). It includes the Pips required to move and the Price that a new bar will be created on.

Here's my issue, while the indicator logic works fine, the visual part of it is misaligned with the current bar.

I've tried several approaches:
    Using "bars ago" draws the rectangle from the middle of the previous bar to the current bar
    Using "Start/End Date" allows me more control but I still cant get it the full width of the bar and it also does not resize.

I've attached a screenshot of both issues and my desired result. I'm sure it must be something simple I'm missing - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello spook202,

Likely you are using Draw.Rectangle() which is designed to be drawn from the center of a bar to the center of another bar.

To draw a rectangle the way you are presenting, this would require custom rendering in OnRender() using custom x and y values converted from the bar times.

Below is a link to an example called ClickDraw to assist in getting started with custom rendering.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea, got it working with your links

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM