Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy doesn't take profit on quick moves

Hi,

I have a scalping strategy that involves quick moves. I have setup an ATM Strategy for testing that will set a stop at 10 pips and profit at 15 pips. It will also set a breakeven target.
    I was testing on the EURUSD and my breakeven was triggered which successfully moved my stop up.
    The price then jumped up past my profit target then back down again but nothing was triggered within NinjaTrader and no orders were made to cash out the position.

The move was very quick. i'm just wondering if there is a setting or something that allows it to take profit if touched. As it stands the market jumped up, went past my TP then back down cutting the trade to a 7pip gain instead of 15.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spook202; 03-07-2018, 05:06 AM.

Hello. Thanks for the post.

In a live trading scenario, this can happen and there are no means of controlling when an order fills once the order is at the forex dealer. You could expand the menu at the bottom of your ATM setup and enable "MIT for profit" this will submit a market order if the price is hit. Do keep in mind though this still does not guarantee that it will fill at that price if the market is moving quickly.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris,

So Enabling the MIT for Profit checkbox will add a market order even if it is only touched for a split second?
      The problem wasn't that it didn't fill at the correct price, I get that price can run away before a fill happens; The issue was that the ATM did nothing at all. It hit the Profit target for a split second then dropped back down. no orders were attempted.

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello. Thanks for the reply.

That is correct, once a contract trades at that price it should submit a market order which will always be filled. Limit orders have no guarantee to get filled.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes