Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dionysus New Year Present – Ninja & Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll but no Interop.Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll
    where is the difference?
    where can I find the second?

Comment

Thank You for this , I could not find the dll needed even after installing PIA redistribute and finally installed Visual Studio full edition which added "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll" and the example given is working

My question is , I am not very skilled at all in programming or excel, can someone please suggest how I might go about reversing the order in the example, I know it can be done in excel but the example given seems to read from ninja trader in reverse order so it overwrites the latest quotes with the starting quotes, is there a simple way to do it, or does it have to be done through excel and limiting lookback or something like that? Thanks and thanks again for example and explanation

Comment

Hi !
        Thank you very much but it doesn't work on my PC.....when the file is extracted in "custom" file, i don't get the DDL.
        I have the NT 6.5 is it working on this platform or must i change it ??
        Regards.

Comment

OK, the way i got there is installed Visual Studio 10, and then i'have got the DDL.
          thanks

Comment

Thank you

Dionysus, this is immense, thanks for figuring out how to do this.

I am using office 2010 and am getting an error from the script of bikemikeexcel.

Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'BigMikeExcel' on bar 0: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

I have done a search to find what this error number could mean and tried a number of solutions suggested such as enabling macros in excel and changing my Locale ( I am in the UK and our dates are dd/mm/yyyy not mm/dd/yyyy as in the US) but still no joy.

I will keep searching today and hopefully I will find a solution to this but in the meantime if you have any advice that would be appreciated.

Many thanks, can't wait to get this up and running...

DS

Comment

No worries.

I just started using Office 2007 instead and all works fine.

Thanks again.

DS

Comment

Cannot find the dll

Hi
                Very interesting, this is exactly what I am looking for. I followed your installation link and downloaded the interop assembly for office 2010.
                But I can nowhere find Interop.Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll on my system. I searched the whole harddisk- nothing.

Should I see the dll in the explorer?

If you still read this, I would be very thankful for any tip.

Andre

Comment

Bauregard

You should be able to manually unzip the .exe install file from microsoft.

Then - you take the file, drop it in your <My Documents>\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom directory & follow the instructions.

If not - PM me an email address and I'll get the file to you.

Cheers

Pete

Comment

Hi
                    Thanks for the answer.
                    You mean unzipping o2010pia.msi? How can I unzip that?
                    Thanks for your offer, I would be glad to get the file from you, I send you my mail.
                    thanks
                    Andre

Comment

Hi DionysusToast

Thanks for your help and sending me the DLL.
                      I succesfully placed it as you described and tested with your provided NinjaIndicator Script. Thanks a lot, that is great work and helps me to use XLS as well.

But I also have a problem. I installed it on a laptop as well and there I get this error when loading a chart: unable to retrieve type infos from assembly "Interop.Microsoft.office.Excel".... etc.

Any idea? I double checked paths etc. All seems to be ok. The script also compiles without an error. The only difference is that on the laptop I have "Excel Starter Edition" installed, but this can hardly be the problem?

Thanks if you have any hint,

regards
                      Andre

Comment

There are multiple versions of interop and I suspect that your interop may be incompatible with the version of office you have.

I'd recommend getting office 2010 trial on there and trying that.

Comment

thanks, I installed now office 2010 home and student.
                          I removed the dll, the indicator, restarted the laptop, and installed it again.
                          Now I get an error when I add your example indicator to a chart:
                          Error on calculating indicator min/max value for indicator 'BigMikeExcel'. Please check the 'GetMinMaxValues' method: The file or assemply "Interop.Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5e91ee00825511ee" or a dependency of it was not found"

any idea?

Comment

I am running Excel 2007 under XP and had the same difficulty until I found "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll" in a zipped API package:
                            1. Download Office XP PIAs at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ls.aspx?id=227
                            2. Extract to a directory of your choice by executing the downloaded file (oxppia.exe)
                            3. Move "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll to your target directory (.../My Documents/ .../Ninja Trader/bin/Custom)
                            Cheers!

Comment

thanks for the information, unfortunately this does not work with office 2010, there exists an installer only, without the possibility to extract the dll file

Comment

Originally posted by Beauregard View Post
                                thanks for the information, unfortunately this does not work with office 2010, there exists an installer only, without the possibility to extract the dll file
                                I copied files from my VS2010 and it works in Office 2010.
                                The files needed are:
                                Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll
                                Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.dll
                                Office.dll

FWIW

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes