Collapse

data lag of 3 minutes - never catches up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obviously no, , , what would that show ?

Comment

Hello stafe,

If the behavior cannot be reproduced when all other workspaces are closed on a new chart with no indicators, this lets us know that when the behavior is occurring this is due to the CPU core is being overloaded.

This would let us know you need to reduce the load on the CPU by reducing the indicators running in the workspace, especially those with Calculate set to 'On each tick' or 'On price change'.

Looking at the CPU usage directly when the workspace is open and the behavior is occurring will be ambiguous. You would need to know which instrument threads are running on which cores and you will not have that information available.

When you say "obviously no" are you answering my question?
      To confirm, you are not able to reproduce this behavior when all saved workspaces are closed on a new chart with no indicators applied?
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

maybe i don't understand...

it seems you're saying a core can be "maxed out" and not show 100% usage on the performance monitor - is this what you're saying ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello stafe,

Yes. A single thread only runs on one core. An instrument receiving data will be updating from the instrument update thread for that instrument. (Meaning different instruments get data updated from different threads)

If the CPU has multiple cores then no, a single thread cannot be run on multiple cores and cannot cause the total CPU usage to be 100%.

If the CPU only has one core, then yes, it would be possible for the CPU usage to be 100%.

I was not able to confirm, when you say "obviously no" are you answering my question?
          You are not able to reproduce this behavior when all saved workspaces are closed on a new chart with no indicators applied?
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238
          by Max238

Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
          1 response